Job: Sr. Product Development Engineer, Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., Morrisville, NC
Sr. Product Development Engineer
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Research and Development
Are you passionate to make an impact? We invite you to join us.
Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., (AscentBioNano.com) is a research spin-off formed in 2012 from The Pennsylvania State University and Duke University. Our motto is Innovation for Impact. Our mission is to commercialize impactful cell separation devices using sound waves. Our passion is to advance research, enhance health and improve life quality.
Applications based on our acoustofluidics technology platform include: research, cancer detection and diagnosis, blood processing and transfusions, etc. We have a strong IP portfolio of acoustofluidic technologies (exclusive license of 4 issued US patents and >10 issued/pending patents in China, Japan, Europe, and North America).
To learn more about the technology platform, visit our collaborator’s website https://acoustofluidics.pratt.duke.edu/
Opening: We are recruiting full time/part time Sr. Product Development Engineer with product/service launch experience. R&D and product/service launch experience of bench-top instrument and sample preparation service for applications like research tools, ultrasonic products, and medical devices is highly desired.
The Sr. Product Development Engineer will lead a team of R&D engineers, researchers and consultants to develop cutting edge cell separation devices. He or she should be:
• A person with passion to make an impact, not just to find a job
• A team/project leader with good communication skill, comfortable with working in startup environment and leads team to deliver results
• A quick learner and applicator of new technology, knowledge and information
• A practical problem solver who could translate problems into solvable engineering projects, develop practical solutions and deliver results on time
• A self motivator with proven record of significant contribution towards fast-pacing projects
• A hard worker who makes the best effort to get things done
The duties will include:
• Significantly improve the commercialization effort by incorporating industry best practices to development and manufacturing process
• Managing individual and team projects with best practice of project management knowledge
• Deliver project R&D results by working with team members: within company, with research group and external consultants
• Improve performance and stability of MEMS microfluidic acoustic based device and bench-top instrument,
• Lead prototype evaluation and process improvement effort,
• Launch service and product,
• Implement good engineering practices, etc.
Minimum requirements: Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for interviews.
• Local candidate resides near Research Triangle Park, NC
• Two or more years of hardware product development and R&D experience in startup companies (we do not consider research experience from research institute as industrial experience)
• Bachelor degree in BME, EE, ME or other relevant fields. PhD degree candidates are over-qualified for the position.
• Minimum GPA 3.0
A desired candidate will have some or most of the following experience:
Product/service launch experience
• Fabricate MEMs microfluidic device
• Fluidic control, including microfluidics, valves, pumps, and pressure regulation
• Experience in troubleshooting common issues in microfluidic devices
• Design and test analog/digital electronic circuits
• Hands-on experience in soldering electronic components on circuit board
• Experience in test electronic components or system using common tools
• Hands-on experience in using Solidworks and AutoCAD for design
• Experience designing mechanical parts and assemblies
• Testing and trouble shooting
• Manufacture prototype devices including 3D printing, CNC machining, soft cavity molding, water jet cutting, laser cutting, EDM, etc.
• Develop customized tools to increase the success rate and stability of manufactured prototypes
• Develop SOP, BR, calibration process, process validation, inventory management for manufacturing prototypes and products
• Knowledge of large scale manufacturing including injection molding, chemical etching, automated assembly and in-process testing
• Qualifying and dealing with vendors and suppliers
• Meeting and negotiating with customers
We welcome qualified candidates to send resume, transcript and reference to email@example.com
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?