Job: Drug Development Project Manager (Gene Therapy/Clinical Stage) – Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Drug Development Project Manager (Gene Therapy/Clinical Stage) – Top $$
Our client, an RTP area biotech that is doing cutting-edge research in the field of gene therapy, is actively recruiting for an exceedingly competent scientist with exceptional project management skills to drive the drug development of assigned programs. This is a critical role and company will pay industry-leading wage to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
• This company and its leaders have been on the forefront of the gene therapy industry. This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door with a company of great impact.
• This Project Manager will lead multiple preclinical and clinical stage projects. Core scientific knowledge must be complemented by outstanding business management skills (budget and timeline management, team communications, PM software, etc.).
• Gene therapy bkgd is strongly preferred but is not required. PMP is also strongly preferred.
• The company heavily relies upon CMOs and third-party testing labs. Seek candidate accustomed to coordinating the work of outsourced vendors.
• Many projects will involve global partners and overseas colleagues. Right candidate will understand the nuances of international collaboration.
• This is an emerging company in building mode. Right candidate will contribute to the development and enhancement of policies, procedures and practices.
This Project Manager will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of drug development from preclinical through approval ---- ensuring effective operational planning and execution amongst cross-functional team members, vendors and partners. He/she will maintain control of project details to ensure that products are moved through development in a smart, timely, and compliant fashion and that all team members are kept informed of critical action items and deadlines.
Selected responsibilities will include:
• Develop and execute sound project plans incorporating all activities required including critical path analysis and risk mitigation plan
• Develop project management processes, tools, and templates to facilitate the management of project activities
• Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with cross functional team members (internal and external) in order to support achievement of shared goals
• Prepare and communicate project timelines that contain activities, resources, and costs to accomplish key milestone dates for integration into the project schedule
• Apply best practices in the initiation, planning, execution, control and closing of projects
• Coordinate and facilitate company-wide Project Meetings and other meetings
• Prepare technical reports, protocols and status reports
• Maintain documentation and procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory, scientific and legislative standards
Selected candidate will offer a scientific degree (advanced degree preferred) and 5+ years of increasingly responsible roles in biotech/pharma drug development. Substantial success in project leadership will be important. Gene therapy and PMP certification is strongly preferred. Other priorities include:
• Practical understanding of all components of the product development cycle (regulatory, clinical, scale up, etc.) from preclinical/clinical through approval
• Proactive, thoughtful and thorough organizational skills
• Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to ensure that all global colleagues, third party vendors and cross-functional team members are aware of and in compliance with project terms and timelines
• Expertise in MS Project and/or equivalent project scheduling system, including skill in optimizing its usage in an emerging setting
• Longevity, achievement and impact in previous roles
This is a dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. Seek smart, insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who can gain the respect and cooperation of colleagues and partners in order to achieve shared success. Emerging biotech/pharma bkgd is strongly preferred.
Growth potential is extensive and immediate rewards will be generous.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.