Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Grant Writer, Redbud Labs, RTP, NC
RTP, NC 27709 United States
$45,000 - $60,000 plus benefits
Documentation & Technical Writing
Research and Development
Redbud Labs develops and manufactures high-impact life science solutions based on our patented Redbud Posts. Our technology enables groundbreaking life science products in molecular and point-of-care diagnostic markets. Our team combines multidisciplinary engineering design and a deep culture of scientific thinking.
Redbud Labs is seeking a highly motivated individual to support our grants team. Primary activities include content development for grant proposals, including significance, scientific workplan, and business commercialization plans. Organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to work independently but also thrive in a team environment. This is a high-visibility role with the opportunity to gain diverse experience and the potential to grow with the company.
• Prepare multiple proposals and supporting documents simultaneously against hard deadlines
• Draft well-structured scientific work plans and clear commercialization plans
• Translate concepts and information into visual content (e.g. figures, tables, charts) for grant applications
• Research and synthesize complex information from sources including peer-reviewed literature and market reports
• Communicate the purpose, status, and results of your work at all levels within the company, up to and including the CEO
We invent new technology, on a deadline. Invention doesn’t happen by accident. We look for creative, skilled people with a passion for problem solving and a determination to get the job done.
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Ability to rapidly digest and convey scientific literature across disciplines, including clinical, biological, and physical sciences
• Highly organized and high attention to detail
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Typical training for this position is a scientific degree in fields such as physics, chemistry, biology, engineering
• Business writing and communication experience
• Experience preparing NIH grant proposals and/or background in medical devices or diagnostics is a plus
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center