Job: LAB SYSTEMS ANALYST, Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Durham, NC
The Duke Human Vaccine Institute (DHVI) continues to lead with cutting edge vaccine research against infectious diseases that impact global health. The faculty, staff and trainees in the DHVI conduct basic and translational research to develop novel vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostics for diseases such as HIV-1, tuberculosis, influenza, malaria, cytomegalovirus and Zika.
The Duke Regional Biocontainment Laboratory (RBL) is a division of the DHVI and supports a wide portfolio of research programs requiring enhanced biosafety and security. The RBL has three collaborative research units: Immunology, Virology, and Microbiology. These units directly support resident DHVI/RBL faculty and are also available to support Duke faculty and their collaborators as fee-for-service shared resources. The Lab Systems Analyst to source, test and manage software applications/tools to support multi-disciplinary research in the DHVI/RBL to develop vaccines and medical countermeasures against emerging and re-emerging biothreats.
• Develop, test, and maintain lab automation workflows to integrate laboratory equipment/analyzers with liquid handling robots (eg Beckman Coulter), an Electronic Laboratory Notebooks (ELN) system and an Electronic Content Management (ECM) system (eg Agilent Open Lab).
• Coordinate with faculty and RBL unit managers to write and maintain protocols in an Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) system (eg Agilent OpenLab).
• Develop, test, and maintain workflows for the automated transfer of information between the ELN/ECM and external systems such as RedCAP and SAP.
• Work with DHVI IT, RBL laboratory staff and equipment vendors to facilitate installation, setup and integration of new/replacement laboratory equipment into DHVI IT systems and automation/data transfer workflows.
• Work with DHVI IT to prepare, test and maintain data backup and recovery protocols for laboratory instrumentation.
• Provide informal training on the use of laboratory automation, electronic laboratory notebooks and associated tools.
• Create report templates for data analysis, instrument usage tracking, troubleshooting and other applications.
• Coordinate with DHVI IT and provide application support for additional Duke RBL support systems (eg Microsoft Access. FreezerPro, Minus80, BreezN from Veristream and an Inquisiq-based Learning Management system).
You will only be considered for the position after you have applied to requisition 7541 on the DHVI careers page and/or Duke Careers Website.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.