Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate, RNA Production, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Research Associate, RNA Production
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our RNA Production group. This Associate will be responsible for assisting in the production of RNA to support our hit discovery and lead optimization efforts. Success in this position will require an individual who is comfortable in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, with a drive to execute effectively and who can collaborate effectively with other members of the RNA Production and RNA Biology teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in production of large quantities of highly purified RNA
- Assist in protein production
- Contribute to technical documentation of RNA and protein batch production
- Assist the RNA Biology team as needed with general molecular biology tasks (including but not limited to cloning, PCR, and NGS-based experiments)
- Maintain a high-quality lab notebook and maintain SOPs
- M.Sc. in Biology, Chemistry or B.Sc. in Biology, Chemistry with 2+ years related industry experience
- Strong molecular biology skills (e.g. cloning, PCR, in vitro transcription, and sequencing) are required
- Experience working with and purifying nucleic acids is preferred
- Experience with protein purification via FPLC is preferred
- Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms is preferred
- Experience working with genomics data is preferred
- Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting is preferred
- Experience in a start-up or production environment is preferred
- Ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete multiple tasks and experiments are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional, culturally diverse team environment, are required
- Proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
- Strong initiative and a can-do attitude are required
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center