Job: SAS Programmer, Research Projects (CNN/Python Involved) – 6 Month Contract, Frankel Staffing Partners, Cary, NC
Our client, a Cary-based organization dedicated to enhancing the methods by which Cancer Research is conducted, has an immediate need for a top-notch and highly versatile SAS Programmer to join its team.
This is a contract position, expected to last 6 months or more. Client will pay excellent wage for excellent person.
Key things to note:
• Client is developing data sharing platforms that will enable all participating organizations (industry, academia, government) to have access to accumulated cancer research data.
• There are numerous initiatives underway, each of which has its own complexities and challenges. This SAS Programmer will play a critical role in developing the related tools and platforms.
• In addition to SAS, role will involve Python for image work and Convolutional Neural Networks. Related exposure would be valuable – but is not required.
• Many initiatives are in start-up mode. Seek SAS Programmer who enjoys the challenge of working without a roadmap. Exceptional critical thinking skills will be essential.
• Some flexibility on schedule – in-office role.
Selected responsibilities will include:
• Write SAS programming code to investigate, explore and transform cancer datasets with the goal of increasing their value and utility
• Write and run SAS programs, in a variety of ways, on organization’s platform and in local applications: o PC SAS, SAS LSAF, SAS VDMML, SAS Studio, SAS Visual Analytics, SAS Data Studio
• Validate the results of peer data specialists as required, and produce appropriate and relevant documentation
• Create standardized aggregated datasets that combine raw and analysis data across multiple clinical studies
• Convert datasets to CDISC or other identified data standards
• Create documented datasets for reporting by external users
• Process medical images using Python
• Employ CNNs to compile and analyze visual imagery
• Create and maintain programs that extract repository metadata to report and graph clinical study and user metrics
This is a critical need for an organization doing important work. Right candidate will be a highly versatile Programmer who will bring the skill and ingenuity needed to transform voluminous and complex cancer datasets into information that can be used by the research teams.
Requirements include a related degree and 6+ years of SAS programming experience handling similar tasks.
This includes extensive experience with SAS data step programming, SAS PROCs for data manipulation, and importing and exporting SAS transport and Excel/CSV file formats.
Other priorities include:
• Image processing (Python, R)
• Machine learning algorithm development
• SAS VDMML
• Convolutional neural networks (CNNs)
• Deidentified/anonymized data
• Familiarity with health care data, patient data, etc.
• Experience supporting IT projects and/or cancer research
Finally, we seek a team player who will thrive in this dynamic, empowered, collaborative and mission-driven setting. A lot is happening, and we seek insightful, self-directed and extremely competent professional who is ready and eager to contribute.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.