Job: Molecular Technologist II, Foundation Medicine, Inc., Morrisville, NC
Molecular Technologist II
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Req Number: 10584
Department : Lab Operations - RTP
Foundation Medicine is dedicated to helping bring personalized cancer medicine into routine clinical practice. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly captures the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient. This is a diverse, fast-paced, team oriented environment integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data.
We are currently looking to add to our Clinical Lab staff at various levels and shifts. Candidates should be highly motivated, confident with multi-tasking and attentive to details. These positions will perform patient sample testing, equipment maintenance, solution and reagent preparation in addition to other tasks in a highly complex clinical diagnostic laboratory.
Various Shifts (shift differential for eves and weekends):
• Tuesday-Saturday 3:00 pm-11:30 pm
• Sunday-Thursday 3:00 pm-11:30 pm
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
• Perform highly complex testing according to established SOPs (NGS library prep, hybridization, and sequencing).
• Operate automated 8-span and 96-head liquid handling platforms for sample processing.
• Operate quantification, sizing, and NGS instruments.
• Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
• Complete projects fitting of level of expertise and is able to deliver results with minimum guidance.
• Perform daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance checks.
• Review and write SOPs as needed.
• Participate in reagent and assay quality control and validations as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Experience working in a regulated laboratory environment (CLIA/CAP).
• Knowledge of laboratory safety protocols.
• Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
• Knowledge and experience working with DNA manipulation techniques, enzymatic reactions, and sequencing chemistry.
• Familiarity with high through-put platforms and common molecular laboratory equipment (pipettes, thermocyclers, liquid handlers, etc.).
• Experience with ensuring and maintaining integrity and quality of the lab (sample processing, equipment, SOPs).
• Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and Power Point.
• Well organized.
• Excellent communication skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
• Working knowledge in a NGS environment.
Education and Experience for Level II Candidates:
• Minimum BS in a Biological or Life Science.
• 2+ years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP lab.
• QSR compliant lab experience preferred but not required.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement(https://www.foundationmedicine.com/pages/equal-employment-opportunity-statement) and EEO is the Law(https://assets.ctfassets.net/vhribv12lmne/XNwhwF5Z17mRQGXXFdPdu/076c43a2dc659d3b5ae9fa33103fb230/EEO_Poster.pdf) and Supplement(https://assets.ctfassets.net/vhribv12lmne/ThHrdB6zVbO2ZpufjXjTo/5c665621a3b0a566e3cd90af50dd672c/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement.pdf) . If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form(https://assets.ctfassets.net/vhribv12lmne/4JNxTdiAVipU73yQdoqNGa/767314a02fe502f6c131f9235b963316/Candidate_Request_for_Reasonable_Accommodation.pdf) . (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/v6wqzb8s79n93cx3
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?