Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Scientist, RNA Biology, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Scientist, RNA Biology
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated Scientist to drive early RNA-small molecule discovery programs in our RNA Biology group. This Scientist will be responsible for identifying and characterizing the complex RNA structures targeted in our drug discovery pipeline. Success in this position will require an individual who is discovery-minded, with a drive to execute effectively and who can collaborate effectively with other members of the RNA Biology team and the wider organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Apply cutting-edge RNA technologies to identify complex RNA structures for small molecule targeting
• Implement and troubleshoot experiments to analyze and characterize new targets
• Generate and analyze data based on the Illumina high-throughput sequencing platform
• Collaborate with computational scientists to perform analysis on new RNA targets
• Support the RNA manufacturing group in RNA production of target structures
• Maintain a high-quality lab notebook and maintain SOPs
• M.Sc. in Biology, Chemistry or related field with 8+ years experience or a Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry or related field
• Strong molecular biology skills (e.g. cloning, PCR, sequencing, and cell culture) are required
• Tissue culture experience is required
• Experience working with and purifying nucleic acids is preferred
• Experience with nucleic acid structure analysis is preferred
• Experience working with genomics data is preferred
• Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and in cross-functional teams is required
• Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting is preferred
• Experience in a start-up or discovery-focused group is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete multiple tasks and experiments are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, and strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills are required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to work in a cross-functional team environment, are required
• Familiarity with Python and command line is preferred
• A can-do attitude is required
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center