Job: Research Associate, Shattuck Labs, Durham/RTP, NC
Shattuck Labs (www.shattucklabs.com) is a clinical-stage immunotherapy company focused on utilizing its proprietary ARC (Agonist Redirected Checkpoint) technology to develop novel treatments for use in cancer, inflammation and orphan disease. The ARC platform overcomes a number of hurdles in current cancer immunotherapeutics, and with its robust pipeline of therapeutic candidates, Shattuck Labs is positioned to succeed in the rapidly growing, and exciting field of immunotherapy.
Reporting to the VP of R&D, the Research Associate, will support all operations and maintenance of the lab; including tasks such as lab organization, cleaning/stocking of glassware, chemical/solution formulation, and equipment maintenance.
In addition, the candidate will support the execution of pre-clinical assays for validating products that are anticipated to enter the clinic in the near future. This role will include tasks such as Western blot, ELISA, mammalian cell culture, DNA cloning, mouse in vivo experimentation, etc. The candidate must be comfortable working both independently and also under the supervision of the R&D team.
1. Lab organization and maintenance; ordering reagents and supplies, stocking the lab with solutions/glassware, maintaining equipment service contracts.
2. Molecular characterization of new candidates; experience with ELISA, Western blot, PCR, DNA transformation/bacterial cell culture, and flow cytometry/FACS
3. Cell culture (mammalian - adherent and suspension); sterile technique, primary cell culture, and transfection are a plus
4. Computer proficiency; MS word, excel, powerpoint, Graphpad prism, flowjo, etc
5. Interact with multiple colleagues in a dynamic environment. Be willing to take on new projects outside the ‘normal’ course of business. Be highly motivated.
6. Develop assays and co-author supporting technical documentation (SOPs, abstracts, manuscripts)
7. Collect and analyze data and maintain compliant records of laboratory research
-B.S. in Biology or related field, with course work in immunology or cancer biology is a plus.
-Candidates with 1-3 years of hands-on academic or industry research experience outside of their undergraduate degree are strongly preferred
-A successful candidate must possess exceptional attention to detail, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, and demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving ability.
-Must have the ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet critical deadlines and the independent initiative to solve interdisciplinary problems.
-Candidate must be sharp, self-motivated, and able to thrive in a fast-paced dynamic biotech environment where flexibility, tolerability to rapid change, and drive to make a significant impact is essential.
-Must enjoy working in collaboration with others and small teams to achieve goals through effective building of relationships with co-workers.