Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist- Virology and Molecular Biolo, BridgeBio, Raliegh, NC
Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist- Virology and Molecular Biolo
Raliegh, NC 27607 United States
Research and Development
Bridgebio is focused on discovering and developing drugs for patients with grievous genetic diseases. We do this by:
Finding the right starting points to target diseases at their source.
Using a combination of a systematic assessment of the genetic disease landscape and informed diligence on the latest research, we find indications with clear mechanisms of pathogenesis that are ripe for translation into disease-modifying drugs.
Building products with world-class R&D personnel.
We employ industry-leading scientists that work closely with top academics to prosecute a wide variety of drug programs at the highest level of scientific rigor. Our team combines biopharmaceutical veterans with up-and-coming leaders to drive entrepreneurial thinking grounded by experience.
The Senior Research Associate/Associate Scientist will be responsible for technical laboratory activities to support Bridgebio’s growing gene therapy portfolio. The incumbent will report to the Senior Scientist and work closely with other team members to develop and evaluate new therapeutic candidates in preclinical models. This is an R&D lab role in our Raleigh, NC gene therapy laboratory.
• Support the development of current AAV vector technologies through optimization of vector constructs and molecular assay development
• Provide hands on molecular biology and molecular assay development expertise
• Support formal development activities by contributing to experiment planning, data analysis/interpretation, and technical trouble shooting
• Assist in the development of new technical capacities, creation of SOPs, and archiving of data
• Interface closely with other team members including the CMC team and project management leads to ensure transition of therapeutic projects into the clinic
• BS with a minimum of 6 years/ MS with 4 years experience in virology, immunology, molecular biology or other relevant scientific area. Level is commensurate with experience
• Experience in molecular biology techniques, including plasmid design/construction, cloning, DNA/RNA isolation procedures, and transfection/transduction is required
• Molecular biology skills are required and fundamental to the position
• Protein analysis (western blot, ELISA, and potency assays) are essential
• Cell culture expertise is required
• The ideal candidate will have relevant knowledge and industrial experience in the field of gene therapy development
• Strong interpersonal skills, good problem-solving skills and effective written and oral communication are essential
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center