Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Software engineer, SonoVol, Inc., Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Compensation also includes a merit-based annual bonus and profit sharing from system sales.
Benefits: SonoVol offers an excellent benefits package that includes a company matched retirement plan, stock options, medical coverage, paid sick leave and paid vacation.
SonoVol is an equal opportunity employer.
Research and Development
We are seeking an experienced and driven biomedical engineer, computer science engineer, or electrical engineer who is excited about the opportunity to develop software for our cutting-edge imaging device. In the role of Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
• Software development: Develop front and back-end code to integrate software subsystems with acquisition system hardware, including ultrasound scanners, high sensitivity CCD camera, scan guidance camera, and robotic motion stages.
• GUI design: Design and program front-end graphical user interface (GUI) elements with streamlined user experience.
• Project management: Help establish estimates for project timelines. Diligently record progress via the team’s project management software. Work in a collaborative fashion with both hardware and software teams to meet company objectives.
• Testing and code review: Write and execute verification and validation tests of various software modules. Document code and conduct code reviews.
• Data analysis: Assist in the analysis of scientific data for conference or peer reviewed publications.
• Instrument delivery: When required, support commercial team in manufacturing, delivering, and calibrating systems to customer sites for sales or demos.
• Quality: Assist in the performance of design control and quality assurance functions undertaken to ensure that all SonoVol software products are compliant with ISO standards and our Quality System.
• A BS and/or MS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
• Skilled in coding with Python programming language.
• Experience with C++, C# (.NET framework), Qt, and/or Matlab are highly desired.
• Strong background in object-oriented programming.
• Experience in automated software testing.
• Strong technical writing abilities and analytical skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and research innovative solutions to challenging technical problems.
• Desire to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
• Willingness to wear more than one hat when required.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center