Job: Senior Purification Scientist, LigaTrap Technologies, Durham, NC, NC
LigaTrap® Technologies has developed a novel, patented portfolio of affinity ligands specific for the purification of monoclonal and polyclonal immunoglobulins from various species. Our goal is to generate high purity antibodies using ligands superior to those currently available in the marketplace. The LigaTrap® Team has also expanded our capabilities to include our expert Process Development and Downstream Optimization Services. LigaTrap® is actively partnering with technologies and platforms that are rapidly expanding in the Diagnostic and Therapeutics Industry.
We are immediately seeking a Senior Scientist to support the commercialization and expansion of our custom services. Our Team is looking to expand our peptide based resins and the exposure of our technologies
The role will include supervision of the lab team and lab operations, experimental design and scale up of processes.
• Chromatography purification of antibodies, and some analytic assays for characterization of the recombinant antibodies
• Participate in downstream process development for antibodies
• Carry out other responsibilities related to lab supplies and maintaining inventory
• Write SOPs, summarize and present data internally within a multidisciplinary team environment; Other responsibilities as assigned.
• MS or PhD in protein biochemistry, bioengineering, chemical engineering or relevant discipline, with 5+ years’ experience in biotech or biopharmaceutical industry.
• Demonstrated experience with protein purification by standard chromatography methods (Affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, SEC) as well as fluency with the theoretical concepts underlying protein purification.
• Extensive hands-on experience using chromatography equipment such as Akta Explorer, Akta Pure or Akta Avant, and column packing.
• Demonstrated experience with analytics and characterization of proteins and antibodies (SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, residual Host Cell Proteins, residual DNA, HPLC).
• Experience with Tangential Flow Filtration (TFF) is preferred.
• Experience with biologics development and reagents is a plus.
• Ability to work independently or with limited direct supervision.
• Attention to detail, accurate and timely documentation of data, and effectively communicate results.
• Enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented, multidisciplinary environment.