Job: Pathology Research Assistant, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Req Number: 10358
Department : Lab Operations
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient's treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. Harnessing advanced technology, Foundation Medicine has developed clinical laboratory tests that broadly captures the most relevant tumor genomic and other molecular information, and connects it with relevant scientific and medical knowledge to help oncologists determine the right treatment for each patient.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease-patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers-to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
The pathology group supports integrating laboratory science, cancer genetics and genomics, process data metrics and clinical data, quality assurance practices, and product innovation. Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge, MA - the world's preeminent biotechnology hub - we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits and with our rapid growth, ample career opportunities. This position is primarily based at the Cambridge laboratory facility but includes duties at other locations on an as needed basis.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special?
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
This is a great opportunity for a dedicated, recent graduate looking to gain more experience in molecular genetics as well as the broader functionality of a genomics laboratory committed to advancing the field of precision medicine. As you prepare for the next steps in your career, you will work directly with the pathology team and will assume the following duties:
• Participate in research projects, led by either the pathologist or yourself, focusing on various aspects of cancer genomics and immunohistochemistry through data gathering, data analysis, figure creation and writing manuscripts.
• Participate in projects, led by either the pathologist or yourself, focusing on quality improvement/quality assurance of laboratory operations and workflow through team collaboration with data gathering, data analysis, generation of metrics, internal presentations and/or manuscript synthesis and submission.
• Develop, revise, and copy/edit PowerPoint presentations, conference posters, publications, and scientific manuscripts.
• Support collaborations (both internal and external) by working with colleagues to achieve project milestones.
• Attend scientific conferences to support presentations.
• Bachelor's degree in biology or biochemistry.
• Strong skills in writing, typing, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Prior experience in scientific work.
• Familiarity with genomic analysis, molecular biology, or variant interpretation.
• Familiarity with advanced data analysis using Python or R.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Lawand Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xjmn2d6k5hrkxqc4