Job: Histotechnologist II, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Job Location: Morrisville, NC
Req Number: 9158
Department : Lab Operations - RTP
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient's treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease.
As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers.
As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you'll work with everyone fighting the disease-patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers-to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine's role to ensure we're delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere.
Foundation Medicine is seeking talented and highly motivated Histotechnologist to perform routine testing in a high complexity clinical diagnostic laboratory. As a part of our lab team you will be integral to Foundation Medicines' culture and mission of transforming cancer care by allowing patients to make informed treatment decisions based on a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. To join our team, you need to be driven to have an impact on the lives of the patients we serve, results oriented, adaptable, dedicated and enthusiastic.
As a member of the laboratory team, you will:
• Operate a microtome to produce slides or curls from paraffin blocks.
• Perform routine H&E staining with possible other histological staining methods introduced over time.
• Ensure and maintain molecular safe integrity and quality of the specimens.
• Perform data entry with onsite pathologists including sample quality assessments and measurements.
• Prepare and initiate samples for nucleic acid extraction.
• Perform routine scanning of stained slides with the Aperio ScanScope.
• Maintain adequate stock and efficient use of supplies necessary for performing all procedures, and preparation of reagents as required.
• Maintain, proper documentation including proper specimen handling, labeling and preparation of worksheets.
• Perform QC testing where required.
• Perform the assigned tests or components of the test in accordance with assay run schedule, accurately, and within TAT and always in compliance with written SOPs.
• Complete projects under guidance of senior lab personnel.
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned.
• Minimum BS in a Biological Science or life science (ASCP certified or eligible).
• Histotechnician: 0-2 years of relevant lab experience.
• Histotechnologist: 2-4 years of relevant lab experience in a CLIA/CAP lab.
Preferred But Not Required:
• Experience working with Automated Immunohistochemistry (IHC) to include both the Dako Autostainer Link 48 by Agilent Technologies and the Ventana Benchmark Ultra Staining System by Roche.
What makes Foundation Medicine so special:
The cancer treatment paradigm is evolving rapidly and we believe there is now widespread recognition that cancer is a disease of the genome, rather than a disease defined solely by its specific anatomical location in the body. Today, physicians increasingly use precision medicines to target cancers based on the specific genomic alterations driving their growth, but most currently available molecular diagnostic tests only reveal a few of the possible alterations. Foundation Medicine provides truly comprehensive molecular information products that can assess the broadest range of relevant genomic alterations from a patient's tumor and distill this complex molecular information into a concise and actionable format that reveals more treatment options for physicians and their patients.
We've seen the difference that our technology can make in the lives of patients, but there is still enormous potential to help even more people. In our drive to help transform the way in which patients with cancer are treated, we strive to improve every life we touch through our dedication to innovation, our commitment to people, and our passion for performance.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement(https://www.foundationmedicine.com/pages/equal-employment-opportunity-statement) and EEO is the Law(https://assets.ctfassets.net/vhribv12lmne/XNwhwF5Z17mRQGXXFdPdu/076c43a2dc659d3b5ae9fa33103fb230/EEO_Poster.pdf) and Supplement(https://assets.ctfassets.net/vhribv12lmne/ThHrdB6zVbO2ZpufjXjTo/5c665621a3b0a566e3cd90af50dd672c/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement.pdf). If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form(https://goo.gl/forms/aBt6Pu71i1kzpLHe2). (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/6jwcm5htzzps4wpq
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?