Job: Project Manager, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Reporting to the Director of Project Office (PO) at Medicago, the Project Manager will successfully manage and deliver a portfolio of projects both at North Carolina and Quebec sites. The Project Manager role is based on sound initiation, planning, communications and governance resulting in predictable, successful delivery of the portfolio of work following established standards at Medicago with regard to methodology, process and reporting (project status as well as portfolio dashboard).
Role and Responsibilities:
• Align projects to business objectives;
• Provide flexible support for projects related to quality, IT, site operations, in a GMP environment.
• Work within a cross-functional organization to support the ongoing Medicago portfolio by overseeing assigned projects and ensuring timelines and milestones are properly communicated;
• Develop meeting outlines and materials in line with required/planned outcomes, facilitate meetings and workshops (as needed)
• Plan and track the activities for all related projects and team activities, working with the project team to assess risks and proposing mitigations, reporting on project status and assist in negotiating priorities, budget and resources to support delivery;
• Communicate with all project stakeholders, ensuring clarity on roles, timelines, analysis on connections between activities and business outcomes;
• Work closely with the project leader and project team to make recommendations for improvement and coordinate the decision-making process;
• Facilitate information flow between team members, project leaders, and senior management, and communicate project status to supervisor and Exec Sponsor on a regular basis.
Profile we are looking for:
• University degree in a scientific discipline and 5+ years’ experience in managing a variety of projects in pharmaceutical development
• Experience in drug development areas in a regulated (GMP) environment
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
• Proficiency in MS Project, Visio, Excel, and other standard business software applications; experience with SharePoint, an asset.
• Experience working in small/ start-up company environment.
• Experience with government contracts or working with outside contract organizations.
• A self-motivated leader possessing strong planning and exceptional communication skills.
• Sets a good example for leadership, exercises good judgment, and promotes the corporate values.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Bilingual (Fr and En) a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel, as needed.