Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Inventory Control Specialist III, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Inventory Control Specialist III
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Manufacturing and Production
Research and Development
Job Summary: The responsibilities of the Inventory Control Specialist III include overseeing all warehouse and inventory related tasks required to maintain a GMP regulated facility. Additional responsibilities would include coordination of Inbound and Outbound Logistics activities for Medicago USA.
The primary responsibilities for the Inventory Control Specialist III include:
• Oversee inventory management and quarantine status for raw materials, drug substance and supplies.
• Maintain and document levels of inventory for the site to ensure seamless manufacturing operations.
• Understand and use the Medicago inventory management system in performing daily operations.
• Ensure the timely flow of materials to requesting departments according to production schedules.
• Track monthly inventory levels, documenting physical counts, department material use, and loss prevention.
• Determine, maintain and analyze inventory cycle counts for materials located in the warehouse.
• Develop, implement and oversee material labeling, material tracking and inventory control.
• Provide constant communication with manufacturing, purchasing, and management with current inventory statuses.
• Complete individual and departmental projects by managing personal and corporate work schedule; coordinate with colleagues to obtain and deliver necessary data on time.
• Train colleagues and new employees on tasks related to this role.
• Anticipate, prioritize, and provide resolution to multiple tasks with competing timelines.
• Identify and recommend operational and process efficiencies.
• Write and verify departmental documentation.
• Perform Logistics activities, including domestic and international shipping document preparation, cold chain management and shipping activities with standard and specialized carriers.
• Responsible for loading and unloading materials to/from delivery truck trailers.
• Maintain records for inbound and outbound shipments.
• Responsible for temperature monitoring of materials, including download of temperature monitor devices and disposal of monitors.
• Oversee the warehouse and storage areas and ensure that they are kept orderly and clean.
• Sign in inbound deliveries for the site.
• Fully understand, follow and enforce the site safety procedures.
• Must be able to work some nights and weekends if needed.
Education and Experience Required:
• Technical Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience or University degree with a minimum of 4 years’ experience, or equivalent industry experience.
• Basic computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Background experience in a FDA regulated industry preferred.
• Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
• Fork Lift experience with forklift certification preferred.
• Must be able to work safety and follow standard operating procedures.
• Familiarity with inventory tracking and management systems (Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other MRP system a plus).
• High level of organization skills and can perform job responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, up to 6 hours a day; walk; reach with hands and arm and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center