Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Cell Culture Scientist / Sr. Associate, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Cell Culture Scientist / Sr. Associate
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Research and Development
Ribometrix is a platform therapeutics company discovering small molecule drugs that target functional 3D RNA structures to treat human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina, with offices also in Chapel Hill and Boston.
We are seeking a highly motivated cell culture scientist to lead and coordinate all in-sourced and out-sourced cell culture activities in support of our RNA Biology group and our RNA-small molecule discovery programs. The cell culture scientist will collaborate extensively with other scientists across the company and will be responsible for ensuring all company cell culture needs are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and culture a diverse range of cell lines with strong aseptic technique to support needs of fellow scientists.
o Count, expand, and seed cells.
o Monitor cell line passage numbers and perform regular tests to prevent contamination and cell line cross-over.
o Receive, expand, and freeze new cell lines.
o Organize and maintain liquid nitrogen cell bank.
• Develop and execute strategy for outsourcing of cell culture and manage all interactions with outsourcing partners.
• Develop and oversee scheduling process to ensure cells are expanded and delivered on time to meet experimental needs of the organization.
• Maintain a high-quality lab notebook.
• Perform large scale RNA purifications from cells.
• Perform siRNA transfections and lysate collections.
Requirements and Qualifications
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Biology or related field required.
• 5+ years with direct cell culture experience preferred.
• Experience culturing multiple different, adherent, suspension, and challenging cell lines is required.
• Excellent aseptic technique is required.
• Primary cell culture experience is preferred.
• Experience working with external cell culture vendors is preferred.
• Experience working with and purifying RNA and nucleic acids is preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and an ability to work effectively across diverse and cross-functional teams while balancing the needs of internal customers is required.
• Strong initiative, problem solving, attention to detail, ability to effectively organize and prioritize are required.
• Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting preferred.
• Previous experience in a startup/entrepreneurial environment is a plus.
• Ability to work independently and follow detailed instructions
Your role is integral to helping us advance our RNA-small molecule drug discovery pipeline. Ribometrix offers excellent benefits and career development. Qualified candidates may apply direct to: email@example.com.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center