Job: Engineering Specialist, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Reporting to the Manager of Engineering, the Engineering Specialist will provide support to the engineering change management process as well as the oversight and management of the engineering documentation program; including obtaining proper approval signatures and that all relevant documents/drawings are cataloged and filed appropriately. In addition, the Engineering Specialist will support the Project Engineers with the coordination and execution of critical site projects from concept through final closure. A core responsibility of this position is to provide support in the development of user specifications, request for proposals and tracking project costs, schedules and resources.
The primary responsibilities of the Engineering Specialist will include:
• Support Project Engineers in the development and execution of CapEx Projects (scope development, request for proposals, schedule development, request for information, etc.)
• Develop and maintain KPI dashboards for all CapEx projects.
• Supports resource scheduling (internal and external) - aligns skills/capabilities with scope of work and accounts for capacity and availability.
• Project documentation - maintains/documents progress against purchase orders; statement of work; assists in the creation/maintenance of schedule and action item lists, completes/maintains/files regulatory documentation (as required)
• Performs project analysis and provides reports to Project Engineer and Management for: project summaries - cost, schedules and resource usage, and project accruals, resource usage.
• Assist, as Medicago resource contact, on projects with internal project teams and third-party service/equipment providers.
• Accumulates and reports project quality metrics to appropriate business units leads
• Provides information for invoicing including project data, hours and costs; assists project engineer in checking invoices for accuracy
• Supports project workflow requirements such as change orders, project amendments, project closure as well as completion/filing of Turn Over Packages (TOP)
• Other duties as assigned by management
• Requires, as a minimum, a BS Degree in Facilities Management, Project Management, Finance or Business or related degree.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in project or facilities administration, maintaining contract databases, budget development, and/or interacting with facility infrastructure vendors/contractors.
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities and multi-task in fast pace environment
• Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office®, Excel and project scheduling software (i.e. Microsoft Project®) is required.
• Ability to think analytically; demonstrate effective time management skills
• Prior experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment preferred
• Basic technical knowledge of engineering concepts preferred.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?