Job: Cell Line Engineering Scientist, Asklepios BioPharmaceuticals Inc, Durham, NC
Cell Line Engineering Scientist
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Competitive Salary and Bonus Opportunity
Research and Development
Asklepios Biopharmaceuticals (AskBio), Inc, located in Durham, NC is a leading gene therapy company aspiring to curative outcomes. We are seeking an outstanding, highly motivated, and entrepreneurial Cell Line Engineering Scientist with strong cellular and molecular biology expertise to work in a fast-paced environment within a cross-functional drug discovery R&D team. The individual should possess strong core competency in cell line engineering using state-of-the-art technology. The primary role will be lab based and the successful candidate will investigate cellular and molecular mechanisms for optimal recombinant Adeno-associated virus vector production. This position offers the opportunity to impact a growing portfolio of gene therapy programs in a fast-paced and innovative research environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Lead, design and execute cell line development, clone screening, selection and stability determination for rAAV producer/stable cell lines
• Design and develop novel ways of integrating and controlling gene expression of viral genes in stable cell lines
• Support early stage discovery efforts for lead candidate identification
• Implement high throughput and cutting-edge cell line development technologies to optimize platforms and shorten cycle time
• Training new or current team members and delegating tasks appropriately
• Provide input on the acquisition of capital equipment
• Assist in the generation of project and cost proposals, timelines, and work plans by applying scientific knowledge and project management experience
• Maintain a current awareness of scientific literature and actively applies new concepts and technologies as appropriate
• Manage small team of direct reports
• MS or Ph.D. in Biological Sciences specializing in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Virology, Chemical engineering or Biomedical Engineering with a minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in an industrial/research laboratory developing mammalian cell lines.
• Excellent aseptic skills, experience with vector engineering, high-throughput gene expression technology and cell line engineering is a must.
• Experience in developing novel molecular and analytical tools for use during cell line development is a must.
• Proficient in a broad range of cell and molecular biology techniques including cloning (eg. Gibson and Golden Gate Assembly) and gene editing technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9.
• In-depth knowledge and extensive hands-on experience in mammalian cell line engineering using gene editing/KD approaches (CRISPR, Meganuclease and si/shRNA). Experience with CRISPR knock-in is strongly preferred.
• Experience with cell characterization technologies including GRO_Seq, DNA_Seq, qPCR, Western blot, ELISA, etc.
• Hands on experience with FAC-Sorting and Flow cytometry assay development.
• Hands on knowledge of DOE, JMP, FlowJo and GraphPad statistical software for use in design of technology development studies in a highly desirable.
• Experience in regulatory IND filing and working knowledge of US/EU CLD requirements is highly desirable.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication, documentation, time management and organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work independently, as well as to collaborate with peers and work effectively in a fast-paced team-oriented environment.
• Ability to successfully participate in a highly-creative and enthusiastic start-up environment.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?