Facilities & Maintenance
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety Specialist, Foundation Medicine, Morrisville, NC
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Facilities & Maintenance
Reporting to the EHS Manager, the EHS Sr. Specialist will be assisting with the day to day oversight of all Safety Programs. This includes enforcement of established safety policies, training of personnel on safety regulations/best practices, and direct communication witha our 3rd party vendors to ensure appropriate service levels are maintained. The EHS Specialist will be a key member of our Safety Committee and a vital member of the Facility Operations Team.
Responsibilities (specific duties and responsibilities):
• Support Safety Officer in the implementation and review of safety policies and regulations.
• Conduct routine inspections of all lab and support spaces for unsafe conditions and work practices.
• Perform Job Hazard Analysis by participating in processes and procedures and researching industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
• Conducts incident/accident investigations and root cause analysis and may make resolution recommendations. Implements corrective/preventative actions and continuous improvement activities as directed.
• Assist with providing routine training to employees such as the new employee presentation, laboratory safety training, and facility tour. Assign and track safety trainings through an online system, and maintain badge access user list.
• Coordinate communication of contractor EHS requirements and provide vendor training as needed. Interface with contractors and monitor performance and adherence to company safety policies and procedures.
• Assist the Safety Officer in increasing the level of involvement and effectiveness of the Safety Committee, Ergonomics Team and all safety plans e.g. Chemical Hygiene, Biological Safety, Emergency Response & Preparedness, Ergonomics, Crisis Management, Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity.
• Act as EHS representative for FMI's Green Team and Wellness Committee, and provide guidance for all initiatives.
• Manage and track ergonomic requests, evaluations and equipment. Coordinate with Space Planning for furniture installs during facility expansion projects and employee relocation.
• Participate in on-call rotation and provide 24/7 coverage and emergency response to EHS related incidents.
Qualifications (general education and experience requirements):
• Strong organizational and time management skills to balance working on multiple projects.
• Independently motivated, detail oriented and good problem-solving ability.
• Requires effective verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact constructively with peers/teams, and ability to seek outside resources as needed.
• Basic knowledge of EH&S best practices and vendor management.
• Ergonomics training preferred.
• Strong PC skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 2 years' experience in an EH&S role or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Experience with OSHA, CAP, FDA, and/or CLIA regulatory compliance and working in a regulated environment.
• Demonstrated understanding of clinical lab environment.
• First responder training or demonstrated ability to manage emergency response in crisis situations.
• Experience with Bloodborne Pathogens policies and regulations.
• RCRA Hazardous Waste Management.
• DOT/IATA HAZMAT Transportation.
• OSHA HAZWOPER.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jfjxvqzw2nqt8jfw
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center