Job: Microbiology/Food Safety Research Associate, Avazyme, Inc., Research Triangle Park, NC
Job Description: Microbiology/Biochemistry/Food Safety Research Associate
Looking for a career that lets you combine scientific excellence with creativity and commercial value?
Do you want to be included as a valued member in an interdisciplinary and diverse science team?
Do you want to share in our commitment to create a flexible, collaborative work environment that allows us to provide breakthrough service and innovative, customized solutions to our customers?
• Design, execute, and interpret experiments and studies according to company’s goals and client requests.
• Analyze data and make, record, and report educated and detailed observations in compliance with the principles of Good Laboratory Practice, ISO17025:2017 and internal and external SOPs and data reporting requirements.
• Solve food safety and biology/biochemistry/analytical chemistry problems, nutritional composition and adulterant analyses and together with the Avazyme team create innovative and customized solutions for our clients.
• Execute customized and Standard Operating Procedures (e.g., GLP) and perform the daily tasks accurately and reliably at a high-quality level and on time.
• Communicate well and in a timely fashion with the Avazyme team, team leaders and study directors, collaborators, and clients.
• Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment and work areas in good working condition.
• Continuously seek to expand knowledge, read and understand scientific literature, and be able to quickly learn new techniques, instrumentation, software, procedures, rules and regulations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience with bioanalytical data acquisition and processing software.
• Experience with bioanalytical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC, UV/VIS, ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, immunoaffinity chromatography, qPCR
• Experience in extracting, isolating, purifying, and characterizing proteins, peptides, DNA, RNA and molecules from various matrices, e.g., microorganisms, cultures, fermentations, plant and animal tissue.
• Experience working in a GMP or GLP environment (EPA GLPs or OECD GLPs preferred) and under ISO 17025 quality standards with successful proficiency tests for bioanalytical and microbiological methods for food borne pathogens, allergens, enzymes, microbes, natural and man-made toxins and adulterants.
• Experience in following proper safety regulations regarding chemical/biological hazards (including BSL2).
• A proven track record of the ability to perform method transfer, adaptation, validation, and qualification protocols in a timely fashion.
• Proficiency in basic computer skills and Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Well-organized and able to multitask with a flexible work schedule (including weekends and holidays depending on client project needs and timelines).
• Associate Degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocessing, or Fermentation Technology, B.A. or B.S. degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, or Food Science.