Facilities & Maintenance
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Facilities Summer Intern, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Facilities Summer Intern
Durham, NC 27709 United States
Facilities & Maintenance
As a pioneer of plant-based transient expression and manufacturing, Medicago, has always sought a more effective way to improve healthcare. With 20 years of experience and wisdom behind us, we are ready to innovate the traditional approach to vaccines and therapeutics.
Medicago is committed to the development of VLP-based vaccines targeting a range of infectious diseases, of bacterial or viral origin. With the company's core products combating prevalent respiratory and enteric viruses, Medicago's discovery platforms ensure its readiness to combat new and emerging pathogens for insect-borne and zoonotic diseases.
Our facility in Research Triangle Park is seeking a paid Summer Facilities Intern with the qualifications listed below.
The responsibilities of the Facilities intern include assisting the Medicago Facilities department for special projects throughout the internship period.
The primary responsibilities of the Facilities Intern will include:
- Support the cleansing, verifying, and uploading of new data into a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS.)
- Work with specialists and subject matter experts to update and improve preventative maintenance job plans.
- Update and obsolete documentation from an electronic Quality Management System (eQMS.)
- Ensure facilities documentation is complete and correct in computerized systems.
- Ensure that spare parts are uploaded, ordered, and received correctly with guidance from the spare parts specialist.
- Work with Quality Assurance as a liaison to ensure timely review of documentation.
- Ensure that preventative maintenance job plans accurately reflect technician activities (e.g. be a ‘2nd set of eyes’ on maintenance processes.)
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Ensure that maintenance documentation is complete and correct based on visually assessing, gathering feedback and initiating communication with subject matter experts.
- Participate in team safety and continuing education training as appropriate.
- Help facilities maintenance personnel with special projects and equipment as assigned or based on interest.
Education and Experience Required:
- Current participation in a 2 or 4 year technical, scientific, or liberal arts degree in Mechanical or Maintenance Engineering, Construction Engineering, Project Management or similar field.
- Computer science or other degrees will be considered based on candidate interest or experience with construction, machinery, troubleshooting, technical writing , or similar occupations.
- A humble attitude and personality that enjoys communication, learning, and is attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge with MS software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Ability to read basic engineering documents and drawings.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, self-motivated, and able to work well independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to read and write SOPs and complete documents.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center