NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Manufacturing Science and Technology (MS&T) Intern, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Manufacturing Science and Technology (MS&T) Intern
Durham, NC 27709 United States
As a pioneer of plant-based transient expression and manufacturing, Medicago has always
sought a more effective way to improve healthcare. With over 20 years of experience and
wisdom behind us, we are ready to innovate the traditional approach to vaccines and
Medicago is committed to the development of VLP-based vaccines targeting a range of
infectious diseases of bacterial or viral origin. With the company's core products combating
prevalent respiratory and enteric viruses, Medicago's discovery platforms ensure its readiness
to combat new and emerging pathogens for insect-borne and zoonotic diseases.
We are seeking a paid Summer Intern, with the following qualifications, to join our team at the Research Triangle Park facility.
Under the supervision of the MS&T Supervisor, the candidate is responsible for assistance or execution of activities for the MS&T program.
- Assist with Process Development experiments that involve the use of chromatography and/or tangential flow filtration systems. - Assist with VLP extraction experiments. Extraction could be either mechanical or enzymatic in nature.
- Working with computer modeling (based on applicant prior experience).
- Help with data analysis and database data entry.
- Follow safety requirements and maintains good housekeeping of laboratory area.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Understanding of biochemistry or computer modelling.
- Some experience with common purification techniques is an asset.
- Computer molecule modelling is an asset but not required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, are required.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and good documentation practices.
- Independent, results-oriented individual with ability to organize and analyze data.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- The employee must lift and or move up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a four year degree or associate degree program.
If you are interested, please apply with resume and cover letter. Please include in your cover letter the school you are currently attending, what year you most recently completed, and your major. The internship will be from May 27, 2019 – August 9, 2019, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center