NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Validation Summer Intern, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Validation Summer Intern
Durham, NC 27709 United States
As a pioneer of plant-based transient expression and manufacturing, Medicago has always
sought a more effective way to improve healthcare. With over 20 years of experience and
wisdom behind us, we are ready to innovate the traditional approach to vaccines and
Medicago is committed to the development of VLP-based vaccines targeting a range of
infectious diseases of bacterial or viral origin. With the company's core products combating
prevalent respiratory and enteric viruses, Medicago's discovery platforms ensure its readiness
to combat new and emerging pathogens for insect-borne and zoonotic diseases.
We are seeking a paid Summer Intern, with the following qualifications, to join our team at the Research Triangle Park facility. Under the supervision of the Director of Validation, the candidate is responsible for the execution and support of validation activities for the Durham facility manufacturing and quality control operations.
• Assist and provide validation (process, cleaning, equipment & utility) support to engineers and specialists.
• Follows directions and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and Quality guidelines.
• May perform protocol executions under the direction of departmental staff.
• Participate in the review of executed validation protocols and perform data entry.
• Catalogue and organize departmental documents.
• Support other duties as assigned by management.
• Candidates for internship should be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, pharmacy or other medical related fields.
• Must be an organized, results oriented, self-starting individual with attention to detail and have the ability to independently and efficiently multitask in a fast paced environment with excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
• Experience with MS Office & other IT applications.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to type or handle various items. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk,
reach and/or stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center