NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Quality Control Microbiology Intern, Medicago USA, Durham, NC
Quality Control Microbiology Intern
Durham, NC 27709 United States
As a pioneer of plant-based transient expression and manufacturing, Medicago has always
sought a more effective way to improve healthcare. With over 20 years of experience and
wisdom behind us, we are ready to innovate the traditional approach to vaccines and
Medicago is committed to the development of VLP-based vaccines targeting a range of
infectious diseases of bacterial or viral origin. With the company's core products combating
prevalent respiratory and enteric viruses, Medicago's discovery platforms ensure its readiness
to combat new and emerging pathogens for insect-borne and zoonotic diseases.
- Perform Environmental Monitoring duties to ensure that the GMP processing area is in compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Conduct viable and nonviable environmental monitoring throughout manufacturing area.
- Collect USP facility waters and clean steam and perform appropriate testing.
- Perform Compressed air sampling.
- Accurately record results of above testing and promptly report any discrepancies or out of limit conditions to supervisor.
- Follow safety requirements and maintain a clean and functional laboratory area.
- Incubate and examine samples for microbial growth.
- Enumerate bacteria and report excursions.
- Responsible for temperature charts of incubators and refrigerators in the Microbiology Laboratory.
- Assumes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of aseptic techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, required.
- Must be well organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Attention to detail and good documentation practices.
- Self-starter, results-oriented individual with ability to organize and analyze data.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- The employee is required to stand, up to 6 hours a day; walk; reach with hands and arm and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- The employee must lift and or move up to 20 pounds occasionally.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in a four year degree or associate degree program.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center