Job: Tumor Immunology Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship, Carolina BioOncology Institute, Huntersville, NC
Tumor Immunology Post-Doctoral Industry Fellowship
Huntersville, NC 28078 United States
Research and Development
Carolina BioOncology Institute PLLC (CBOI), founded in 2005 by John Powderly MD, is a community-based independent clinic located near Charlotte, NC. The mission of the clinic is to provide access to early phase immunotherapy clinical trials. CBOI incubates a Human Applications Laboratory (BioCytics, Inc.), which is developing personalized autologous T cell immunotherapy. CBOI and BioCytics are the only independent Phase I Cancer Clinic & Human Applications Lab in the US.
CBOI is looking for a postdoctoral fellow to work as part of a small team to identify novel approaches to autologous T cell immunotherapy and to translate the discoveries into human clinical trials for the treatment of solid tumors. This opportunity is ideal for postdoctoral fellows who are interested in being part of the drug discovery process and who want to make an impact at the cutting edge of cellular immunotherapy.
Specifically, the fellow will work with primary human tumor tissues to isolate, identify and grow lymphocytes and tumor cells from consenting cancer patients. These cells will be used to create an autologous immunotherapy treatment regimen, with the goal of a successful IND application.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and execute experiments whose results will provide direction towards the development of immuno-oncology treatment regimens
• Perform cell biology, including isolating and culturing primary human immune and tumor cells as well as specific cell lines
• Perform cell processing, including designing and executing cell phenotyping experiments that use specific immunologic marker antibody assays, and profiling experiments, such as cytotoxicity, proliferation, activation, cell viability, and survival assays with a strong focus on flow cytometry
• Preparation of reports and presentation of results at regular team meetings
• Contribute to building a culture that embraces scientific excellence and integrity, as well as continuous learning and team work
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• 0-4 years of postdoctoral experience
• A strong background in cell culture
• Experience and knowledge of the immune system
• Experience in T cell biology and tumor immunology
• Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and flow data analysis
• Experience with conventional immunological techniques: immune cell isolation, multi-color flow cytometry, and immune cell functional assays
• Experience in assessing T cell function, differentiation, exhaustion, and memory development
• Must have excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently and as part of a team
• Able to master new concepts and techniques quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
• Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
• PhD in Tumor Biology, Tumor Immunology, Immunology, or similar
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?