Job: Associate Analytical Chemist (HPLC/UV-Vis) - RTP Pharma/~ $30/hour, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, a rapidly-expanding RTP-based pharmaceutical company that is developing a portfolio of ophthalmic products, seeks a very bright, capable and self-directed Associate Scientist to join its growing Analytical R&D team.
This position will begin as a 6 to 12-month contract. Wage will be ~ $30/hour with the potential for higher for more experienced candidates. Client will consider recent grads if they have significant lab experience in internships. This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for a high potential candidate.
Position will involve analytical testing of research, in-process, and finished product samples. This is a hands-on role, involving a high volume of testing. Some of the work will be quite repetitive. It requires a candidate who enjoys lab work and understands the importance of quality and consistency, despite the repetition.
Specific duties will include:
• Analytical testing of research, in-process, and finished product samples
• Management of sample throughput and quality with minimal supervision
• Execute experiments, analyze data, and draw conclusions from results
• Maintain high-throughput volume of routine testing
• Coordinate with cross-functional teams in a hands-on laboratory environment
BS degree in a scientific discipline is required, as well as 1+ year of experience in a similar analytical testing role in pharma, biotech or medical device.
Other priorities include:
• Experience with HPLC analysis and familiarity with chromatography data systems
• Experience with analytical laboratory equipment - UV-Vis spectrophotometer, plate-based assays, pH meter, analytical balance
• Experience conducting experiments independently and with minimal supervision
• Detailed and meticulous lab notebook documentation
This is an exciting time in a very exciting company. Please forward Word resume for immediate consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.