Job: Lab Instrument/Equipment Technician (Calibration, etc.) – RTP Biotech, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, an RTP-based company that is developing novel immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer as well as other diseases, is actively recruiting for a very sharp and capable candidate to manage all lab equipment and instrumentation upkeep. This is a critical role and company will pay excellent wage to attract and retain the right candidate.
Key things to note:
• Labs are cGMP- and cGLP-compliant and directly related industry experience is required.
• Company currently has 2 main labs – in RTP and Durham. This Tech will be responsible for maintaining equipment at both labs.
• Company is in high growth mode. Ability to establish/enhance SOPs related to lab maintenance will be important.
• This Tech will handle some calibrations and maintenance independently, and will coordinate vendors for more complex and/or voluminous work. Experience scheduling and overseeing vendors will be valuable.
• Some off-hours work may be involved.
The focus on the role is to provide maintenance, calibration, and scheduled support for all lab and GMP environments within the company. This Tech will report to the Associate Director, Lab Operations and work closely with Scientists, IT, Site EHS, Procurement, and the Facilities team to help ensure smooth operations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate vendor preventative maintenance and calibrations with an emphasis on driving efficiency and consistency in functions and processes at all locations
• Provide troubleshooting and resolution for instrumentation issues
• Create/modify SOPs for lab operations and instrument maintenance/calibration
• Work with IT to ensure data integrity from laboratory instruments and compatibility with IT systems
• Manage user accounts
• Manage laboratory/instrument applications to ensure version control and updates
• Stay current with emerging instrumentation/lab automation practices, and champion opportunities to improve lab operations.
Specific requirements include:
• Associates degree (or higher) in related technical field
• 3+ years of laboratory instrumentation experience in the Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry
• GMP/GLP knowledge and experience
• Microsoft Office, ELN, LIMS, ProCal CMMS
• Ability to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities with multiple stakeholders
• Ability schedule and oversee vendors and contractors
• Impact and longevity in previous roles
Finally, this is an emerging company environment. The setting is dynamic, and the team members are hands-on and flexible. Seek a sharp and self-directed candidate who combines the lab tech knowledge with the attitude, versatility, and commitment to thrive.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.