Job: Genomics Staff Scientist I, David H Murdock Research Institute, Kannapolis, NC
Genomics Staff Scientist I
Kannapolis, NC 28081 United States
DHMRI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following: health and dental insurance, disability insurance, FSA, life insurance coverage, and a 401(k) savings plan.
Research and Development
Genomics Staff Scientist I
DHMRI is seeking a motivated candidate to fill a vacancy in our Genomics Laboratory. The successful candidate will actively participate in the daily operational activities of the DHMRI Genomics Laboratory, operating several platforms (Illumina, PacBio Sequel, 10X Chromium, Nano String, iScan) and conducting experiments under direction of the DHMRI Genomics Laboratory Director. The position requires extensive hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques with a focus on next generation sequencing (NGS) technology; these include hardware skills (operation, maintenance and troubleshooting) as well as software skills (laboratory instrument operating systems, laboratory information management systems). While experience in these technological platforms will be an advantage, the successful applicant will be given intensive onsite training to ensure their success..
The DHMRI is a non-profit service provider (CRO) offering a multi-omics approach to both academic and commercial clients and is located at the North Carolina Research Campus, Kannapolis North Carolina.
Job duties include but are not limited to
• Conducting lab experiments including RNA and DNA sample preparation, sample quality control assessment and NGS library preparation.
• Collaboration in the design, execution and interpretation of projects involving genotyping, gene expression and epigenetics.
• Assisting in the preparation of documents such as scopes of work and technical reports, as well as in experimental cost calculations.
• Interacting with vendors and identifying new solutions that may improve quality and efficiency.
• Participating in scientific discussions and providing training to other members of the laboratory.
• Keeping abreast of scientific advances and new technologies.
• Managing research assistant personnel during project completion.
• BS or MS plus a minimum of 4 years’ experience in genomics or a related field with a focus on molecular biology or genetics
• Previous experience in a CRO environment is a plus
• Strong molecular biology experience in RNA and DNA manipulation and NGS (Illumina, PacBio and 10X Chromium)
• Experienced in mammalian cell and tissue culture.
• Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with others in a collegial atmosphere and the desire to work in this service-oriented research environment
• Excellent skills in experimental design, implementation, troubleshooting and data analysis
• Experience managing large datasets and interacting with software tools
• Detail-oriented and organized, with a strong initiative and sense of ownership when driving projects to completion
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?