Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Scientist, Locus Biosciences, Morrisville, NC
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Research and Development
Locus Biosciences is seeking highly motivated applicants to join our research and development team as a full-time Scientist. This position is well suited for innovative scientists that have a desire to lead their scientific efforts from the bench and a passion to develop and pursue multiple avenues to complete research objectives. This individual will work directly with our internal team and external collaborators to develop and deliver preclinical and platform development programs. The ideal candidate will have a significant record of accomplishment of having independently designed and implemented novel research approaches and prioritized multiple concurrent projects. This individual must be able to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings and be able to work well across interdisciplinary teams. Candidates from various molecular biology, synthetic biology and microbial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
• Development of novel protocols and methods for assembling novel synthetic phage products
• Independent management of multiple projects as both individual contributor and team lead
• Development of high-throughput assays to further develop our genetic engineering platform
• Implementation of appropriate statistical controls and analyses
• Active engagement on overall experimental strategy and direction
• Presentation of results to internal scientists, external collaborators, and Locus management
• Close coordination with cross-functional teams
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Candidate must possess:
• A PhD in microbiology, microbial genetics, synthetic biology, genetic engineering or similar fields
• Strong proficiency in microbial engineering (some combination of traditional or novel recombination techniques, high-throughput and next-generation DNA assembly, CRISPR, cloning, screening strategies, or high-throughput assay development)
• Ability to structure, implement and maintain study plans in the face of ambiguity
• Willingness to develop solutions to difficult objectives independently and consistently
• At least two years’ experience between postdoctoral or industry research
• Experience with isolating, propagating and manipulating bacteriophages
• Experience with genetically intractable or difficult-to-culture bacterial organisms
• Detailed knowledge of infectious disease or microbiome, associated organisms and animal models
• General understanding of the overall drug development lifecycle, especially preclinical phases
• Experience with computational tools analyzing communities of microbes (16S, whole genome sequencing, metagenome sequencing, transcriptome sequencing, RNAseq) is highly desirable
• Experience with automated and/or high-throughput processes is desirable
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center