Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Principal or Sr Scientist, Locus Biosciences, Morrisville, NC
Principal or Sr Scientist
Morrisville, NC 27605 United States
Research and Development
Locus Biosciences is seeking highly motivated applicants to join our research and development team as a full-time Principal or Senior Scientist. This position is well suited for experienced scientists that have a desire to lead scientific efforts and pursue multiple avenues to complete research objectives. This individual will work directly with our internal team and external collaborators to develop and deliver pre-clinical and platform development programs. The ideal candidate will have a significant record of accomplishment of having independently designed and implemented novel research approaches and prioritized multiple concurrent projects. This individual must be able to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings and be able to work well across interdisciplinary teams. Candidates from various molecular biology, synthetic biology and microbial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
• Driving the execution of Locus’ research strategy through cross functional team coordination
• Active engagement on overall scientific direction, regulatory strategy and business functions
• Independent management of multiple projects as both individual contributor and team lead
• Development of high-throughput assays to further develop our genetic engineering platform
• Presentation of results to internal scientists, external collaborators, and Locus management
• Implementation of standardized reporting and documentation procedures
• Supervising and mentoring technical staff
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV to: email@example.com.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Candidate must possess:
• A PhD in microbiology, microbial genetics, synthetic biology, genetic engineering or similar fields
• Research and development management experience in biotechnology or related fields
• Strong proficiency in microbial engineering (some combination of traditional or novel recombination techniques, high-throughput and next-generation DNA assembly, CRISPR, cloning, screening strategies, or high-throughput assay development)
• Ability to structure, implement and maintain study plans in the face of ambiguity
• Willingness to develop solutions to difficult objectives independently and consistently
• Strong proficiency in experimental design and statistical analysis
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• At least 5 years’ experience between postdoctoral or industry research
• General understanding of infectious disease drug development lifecycle, including pre-clinical and clinical phases
• General understanding of project management tools
• Technical experience with isolating, propagating and manipulating bacteriophages
• Technical experience with genetically intractable or difficult-to-culture bacterial organisms
• Technical experience with automated DNA extraction, NGS and/or high-throughput liquid handling processes is desirable
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center