Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Animal Models Coordinator, Locus Biosciences, Morrisville, NC
Animal Models Coordinator
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Research and Development
Locus Biosciences is seeking highly motivated applicants to join our research and development team as a full-time Scientist coordinating animal studies. This position is well suited for innovative scientists that have a desire to lead their scientific efforts from the bench and a passion to develop and pursue multiple avenues to complete research objectives. This individual will work directly with our internal team and external collaborators to develop and deliver preclinical animal models. The ideal candidate will have a significant record of accomplishment of having independently designed and implemented novel research approaches and prioritized multiple concurrent projects. This individual must be able to communicate effectively in formal and informal settings and be able to work well across interdisciplinary teams. Candidates from various molecular biology, synthetic biology and microbial backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
• Gaining familiarity with the literature surrounding small animal models of infectious disease and microbiome
• Coordinating with external collaborators and CROs to develop animal models for a variety of indications
• Establishing protocols for pre-clinical testing of Locus products
• Leading an internal team to process samples from animal models (e.g. phage titration, microbiome profiling, qPCR)
• Analyzing data from animal models and preparing reports
• Actively engaging on overall experimental strategy and direction
• Presenting results to internal scientists, external collaborators, and Locus management
• Coordinating with cross-functional teams
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
For immediate consideration, please email your resume or CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applicants only. No agencies please.
Candidate must possess:
• A PhD in microbiology, microbial genetics, synthetic biology, genetic engineering or similar fields
• A strong track record of infectious disease and/or microbiome model development in small rodents
• Ability to structure, implement and maintain study plans in the face of ambiguity
• Ability to coordinate across internal and external partners to deliver on-time results
• Willingness to develop solutions to difficult objectives independently and consistently
• At least two years’ experience between postdoctoral or industry research
• Detailed knowledge of infectious disease or microbiome, associated organisms and animal models
• General understanding of the overall drug development lifecycle, especially preclinical phases
• Experience with computational tools analyzing communities of microbes (16S, whole genome sequencing, metagenome sequencing, transcriptome sequencing, RNAseq) is highly desirable
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center