Job: IT DATA STEWARD - ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS, Medicago USA, DURHAM, NC
IT DATA STEWARD - ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
DURHAM, NC 27709 United States
Under the supervision of Director of Enterprise Information Management, the candidate is responsible to support activities related to the management of Medicago information for finance, operations, and quality control. Responsibilities include:
• Support the implementation and ongoing data management for enterprise systems – ERP, LIMS etc.
• Document data requirements, processes, and transformations in partnership with business data owners
• Perform data troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and remediation with improvement recommendations
• Inventory enterprise data sources and maintain data structures that support single source of truth
• Facilitate data governance counsels to define data standards and prioritize data initiatives
• Define business requirements for reporting, marts, and repositories for development and implementation
• Monitor and improve data quality and integrity making recommendations for improvements
• Lead data migration and integration activities
As an IT Data Steward, you will be working on enterprise programs to instill industry best practices for data management and quality. You will need to work in a matrix organization, and build consensus and adoption with business units related to information management.
• Support documentation with data owners including data dictionary, data flows/map, reference data, standards, and reporting inventory related to production, quality lab, and finance functional areas
• Support the implementation of data governance and quality organizational framework and accountability
• Provide data quality training promoting best practices, enable standard practices, and communicate value to the business
• Define and provide ongoing enhancement of the data quality attributes, data quality dimensions, data quality metrics and data quality scoring and reporting. Harmonize standards across business units through data governance. Assess and monitor data quality for critical business information.
• Use 3rd party data sources as necessary to enrich, validate and improve data quality
• Perform root cause analysis and remediation through data management incident management. Work with third party data suppliers and internal systems to monitor ongoing data interchange accuracy and integrity.
• Provide data analysis resulting in improvement recommendations and support implementation of improvements
• Define enterprise data map. Inventory and categorize data sources. Prioritize critical sources and define approach to consolidate and improve
• Define master data attributes for enterprise. Document ownership and source of record.
• Define requirements for consolidated data sources. Work with development resources in design and delivery of “source of truth” sources for business reporting and analytics.
• Support development of data integrity plan for PAI and Continuous Process Verification compliance initiatives. Collaborate with internal compliance, consultants, and business units advising on data management best practices.
• Document governance SOPS aligned to key business processes with corresponding SLA
• Act as an advisor for data management best practices on enterprise projects
• 1-3 years’ experience defining and implementing data governance best practices at the enterprise level
• 1-3 years’ experience working with Microsoft Dynamics AX 365 or other ERP platform
• 1-3 years’ experience with Microsoft PowerBI or related analytics tools
• 2-4 years’ experience in developing basic SQL queries
• Experience working in large application programs as an effective matrix team member
• Proven ability to document business requirements related to data functions, reports, data mart projects, and integration transformation rules
• Experience working cross functionally in defining data issue root cause analysis and remediation
• Experience in operating a data incident management process as a service
• Proven written skills in documentation of data requirements, SOPS, and Service Agreements
• Demonstrated good data management practices & ability to influence practitioners to adopt
• Perform data profiling and analysis on data sources and writing assessments
• Continuous process improvement, measurement and change adoption experience in data management
• Experience working with GMP, GxP validated systems
• Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel)
• Experience in manufacturing, packaging, or laboratory in Biotechnology and/or Pharmaceutical industries
• Total Quality Management (TQM), Six Sigma & Lean certifications or experience
• Microsoft Dynamics Sure Step or other system development methodologies
• Sitting for extended periods of time up to 6 hours a day; walk, reach with hands/arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Physically able to participate in sessions, presentations, and meetings.
• Some travel may be required
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related experience
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?