NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Biotech Opportunity (Will Train) - Decontamination Technician ($15 -$18+), Frankel Staffing Partners, Durham, NC
Biotech Opportunity (Will Train) - Decontamination Technician ($15 -$18+)
Durham, NC 27713 United States
Facilities & Maintenance
This is an outstanding foot-in-the-door opportunity for a hardworking quick study who is interested in breaking into the biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude will be important.
Our client, a rapidly growing biotech firm in RTP, is actively recruiting for two candidates to assume Decontamination Technicians roles within its facility.
The responsibilities of the Decontamination Process Technician include collection, decontamination, sterilization, neutralization and inactivation of process waste. In addition to mastering all related tasks (detailed below) we seek a candidate who will strictly abide by (and enforce) all safety procedures. Compliance will be essential.
This is a first shift role but may involve some weekend or evening work – for troubleshooting. Seek candidate who has schedule/on-call flexibility.
Specific tasks will include:
• Processing the site’s manufacturing liquid and solid waste
• Operating the industrial sterilization autoclave
• Cleaning and maintaining decontamination room and equipment
• Operating pH waste neutralization system
• Operating liquid waste inactivation system
• Monitoring of water usage and waste levels
• Assisting with the recycling program for the facility
This is a temp-to-hire role and an immediate need.
While the company would welcome candidates who have done this work before, they are also willing to train a highly capable, highly motivated candidate. Some experience with chemicals and chemical safety would be valuable.
Other priorities include:
• Strong mechanical aptitude; experience simultaneously running multiple machines a plus
• Strong safety record and compliance orientation
• Exemplary work ethic and desire to learn
• Experience in GMP/FDA-regulated facility preferred
• Track record of commitment, longevity and impact.
Wage will be dependent on experience and will be in the $15-20/hour range.
Local candidates only. Please forward a resume in Word for prompt consideration.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center