Job: Junior/Senior Systems Integration Engineer, Celldom, Durham, NC
Commensurate with education, experience, and fit. Contract-to-Hire, or Full-Time are possibilities.
We are seeking a prototyping engineer with deep experience in controlling electrical and mechanical hardware, including pneumatic actuators, thermoelectric modules, motorized stages, cameras, microscopes, and other components with software written in Java, python, or C++. A successful candidate will join a growing biotechnology startup that is developing life science instruments that enable high throughout single cell analysis for applications in drug development, cell line generation, and Basic research applications. We are looking for self-motivated problem solvers, and will provide a competitive compensation package, including vested equity.
Company: Celldom is developing next generation, high throughput single cell analysis technology to advance research, drug discovery, and drug development by illuminating diversity in cell populations. The company’s TrapTx Analyzer System uniquely integrates both phenotypic and genomic data at massive scale (up to 100,000s of cells per experiment) to identify and characterize rare cells that play critical roles in biological pathways and disease. Celldom is developing initial applications of the platform in the areas of oncology, immunology and stem cell biology. Celldom headquarters is conveniently located in hip downtown Durham, at Biolabs NC, which also hosts several world-class biotech and medical device startups. Celldom has been awarded multiple SBIR grants and secured investor funding. Learn more at Celldom.com
• Work with founders and staff scientists in evaluating and improving designs or processes
• Assist in new product development by sourcing components, building and assembling parts, and testing and collecting pertinent data
• Perform visual inspections, gage measurements, and other metrology inspections.
• Perform standard work and iterate from testing and individual test setups.
• Successfully interact with a wide variety of people, including peers, Product Development Engineers, vendors and customers
• Assist in writing, debugging and troubleshooting software in Java and python and product designs and test configurations
• Complete other duties as required by R&D such as interfacing with contract manufacturers and product development consultants
Requirements For Consideration:
• Expert in SolidWorks (or alternative) design and assembly creation.
• Experience with mechanical testing and prototype fabrication, and CAD drawings.
• Strong skills in BOM management and ERP integration.
• Strong mechanical aptitude in the machine shop and experience using machine tools for prototype fabrication, including 3D printing.
• Strong computer programming and analytical skills in Java and Python.
• Experience with both Linux and Microsoft Windows computer environment
• Experience with computer vision and machine learning for controlling hardware is greatly preferred.
-Excellent communication skills, self-motivation, ability to collaborate with diverse colleagues in engineering and medicine, and a record of productivity is required.
Candidates with the following skills move to the front:
• Experience in developing automated systems and associated software.
• Experience in microscopy and associated software programs.
• Experience in microfluidics and microsystems
• Experience in development activities in an industrial atmosphere such as biopharma, life science technology, or diagnostics is a major asset.