Job: Technical Support Engineer for Automated Systems, Cell Microsystems, Inc., Research Triangle Park, NC
Technical Support Engineer for Automated Systems
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709 United States
Compensation commensurate with experience. Cell Microsystems also offers medical insurance, generous paid-time-off, and stock options.
Research and Development
Reporting functionally to the Director of Engineering, the Technical Support Engineer for Automated Systems serves as a member of the Cell Microsystems team to achieve milestones in the key areas of technical and field support for the Company’s automated systems. The ideal candidate is dedicated to customer satisfaction and focused on positive outcomes for the customer and the Company through technical expertise, communication skills, and business appreciation.
Field Support of Automated Systems
This position will be principally responsible for supporting the Company’s commercial and grant-funded research operations by conducting field service visits for automated system installation, training, preventive maintenance, repair, and hardware / software upgrades.
- Install automated systems and conduct user training sessions at installation sites
- Conduct preventive maintenance, repairs, and hardware / software upgrades at installation sites
Technical Support of Automated Systems
This position will be principally responsible for handling technical support requests from the user base of the Company’s automated systems and collaborate with the Engineering, Product Applications, and Sales teams to resolve the requests.
- Communicate with users via phone/email/web to gather information to triage and address technical issues
- Collaborate with the Engineering, Product Applications, and Array Products teams to troubleshoot and diagnose hardware, software, array, and/or application issues and to determine the appropriate course of action
- Document technical support requests in the Company’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software consistent with the Company Quality Management System
- Build, maintain, and apply knowledge base in support of customer, and relay customer feedback to the Company
Hardware and Software Validation of Automated Systems
This position will collaborate with the Engineering team to support hardware and software validation as part of the Company Design Control and Change Control Processes
- Execute design verification and validation protocols during the Design Control Process to commercialize new automated systems or during the Change Control Process to improve existing systems on the market
- Collaborate with the software development team to perform software validation of Company software products for automated systems
- B.S. in engineering (biomedical, mechanical, electrical) or scientific (physics, chemistry, biology) discipline required
- Experience with cell or molecular biology, genomics, biotechnology, or cell culture a plus
- Mechanically oriented and proficient with standard hand tools; experience servicing/repairing scientific instrumentation a plus.
- Willingness to work in entrepreneurial, small-company, team environment
- Self-starter and independent worker capable of working towards common goals in a team
- Ability to combine customer focus and technical capability through effective and tactful communications
- Demonstrated oral communication and technical writing skills required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office; experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) a plus
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of time, have a valid driver’s license, and be able to work in the U.S.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?