NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Technician, Gersbach Lab/Duke, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27708 United States
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR TECHNICIAN GERSBACH LAB:
We are seeking a qualified technician interested in working on projects related to genome engineering,
synthetic biology, and applied biotechnology.
- Bachelors degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination
of training and experience.
- The ideal candidate should be hard-working and eager to learn.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills and have excellent attention to detail.
In addition the following skills are highly desired.
- Molecular cloning techniques including plasmid construction, bacterial transformation, and
recombinant DNA sequencing validation procedures. Familiarity with, or the ability to learn,
PCR and QPCR reaction design/troubleshooting and isothermal DNA assembly (“Gibson
- Mammalian tissue culture experience and the ability to work using sterile technique, as well as
interest in learning novel tissue culture procedures.
- Familiarity with general molecular biological techniques including mammalian cell
harvesting, immunofluorescence, protein immunoassays (WB/IP) etc., is also a plus.
Qualified applicants should send their CV, along with 3 references
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center