Job: Scientific Consultant, Grant Writing Specialist, Eva Garland Consulting, LLC, Raleigh, NC
The Scientific Consultant, Grant Writing Specialist will write and submit grant applications to assist Eva Garland Consulting’s (EGC's) clients in obtaining grants to support their technology development. The successful candidate will serve as a Project Manager, and will coordinate all aspects of the proposal preparation process, including interfacing with the client and collaborators, writing the proposal, and submitting the proposal to funding agencies. Applicants should be skilled in writing and submitting a broad range of grants to support science and technology development.
Eva Garland Consulting (EGC) is a rapidly growing consulting firm that assists scientists and entrepreneurs in securing and managing resources to accelerate development of their innovative technologies. EGC has been recognized as one of the top 1000 fastest-growing companies in the US for 2 years in a row by INC5000 magazine. Clients include the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the State of Kentucky, and dozens of major universities, incubators, and private and publicly traded companies throughout the US and internationally.
EGC is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina and currently has 30 employees. The company offers excellent benefits, including health, vision, dental, short/long-term disability, 401K, and flexible savings accounts.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Ph.D. in a scientific field
- Postdoctoral or other professional experience
- Outstanding writing skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Ability to learn new scientific fields quickly
- Ability to prepare scientific development plans
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, growing entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for advancing innovative technologies from conception to commercialization
- Experience writing and reviewing scientific grant applications
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills