Job: Experienced Quality Engineer/Manager (Genome Analysis) – RTP, NC/Top $$, Frankel Staffing Partners, RTP, NC
Our client, a venture-backed developer of cutting-edge genomic amplification technologies, is expanding its team and actively recruiting for an exceedingly sharp, knowledgeable and can-do candidate to drive all Quality functions.
This is a critical role for the company and requires an outstanding candidate. Company will offer rich compensation package (including generous equity offerings) to attract and retain a star.
Key Things to Note:
• The company manufactures commercially-available kits that contain the enzymes and reagents needed for versatile and scalable whole genome amplification as well as offers lab services for genomic analysis. We seek a candidate who brings Quality expertise for both product and service. CLIA lab operations knowledge would be valuable.
• This is a start-up setting. This Quality Engineer/Manager (client is open to both levels), in conjunction with the COO, will be establishing Quality practices and systems for the entire organization. We seek a candidate who will thrive in this building environment.
• This technology can be life-altering, enabling a new generation of single cell and low input DNA genomics applications in diverse markets including Neurology, Cancer Genomics, Microbiome Genomics, etc. Right candidate will be passionate about the science and the impact.
• This position will begin as a hands-on, individual contributor - with high growth potential. We seek a Subject Matter Expert with a strong tactical and strategic mindset and work style.
The focus of the role will be to establish and implement rigorous and appropriate Quality Systems for the design and manufacture of novel genome amplification applications.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Provide support to the R&D and manufacturing teams for the validation planning and transfer activities. Assist teams in determining validation needs and requirements.
• Provide Quality Support to engineering change controls, deviation management, and document change management.
• Assist with the development and implementation of a Quality Management System.
• Establish and maintain a process that ensures adequacy of complaint, non-conformance, and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) records, investigations, and corrective/preventative actions.
• Provide Quality Support in the assessment and qualification of new suppliers and materials including specifications and inspection standards.
• Conduct Quality audits of contract manufacturing partners and suppliers to insure the highest level of product.
• Drive product risk management activities and ensure quality and completeness of project design history files, validation packages, and change orders.
• Establish a dashboard with the appropriate KPI’s. Trend, analyze, and report on Quality data in order to improve product and process; develop recommendations based on data analysis.
• Develop and execute strategies to close quality gaps in an efficient, technical, and compliant manner.
Targeted candidate will offer a BS/MS scientific degree and 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience in a life sciences or medical device setting. Experience in Genomics, Immunology, Biology, or other relevant field is preferred.
Other priorities include:
• Experience and success building Quality programs in a start-up setting
• Outstanding project management and organizational skills
• Keen analytical ability and problem-solving skill
• Experience applying quality regulations and standards (e.g., 21CFR 820, ISO 13485, ISO 14971, IEC62304, GAMP5, IVDD, ISPE Baseline Guides, IVDR, MDSAP, and ASTM E2500-07 Verification Guideline)
• Practical experience in design controls, risk management, validation, change control, and supplier quality
• Experience with CAPA and failure investigation tools and techniques
• Applied experience with quality and statistical analysis tools (e.g., SPC, 6 Sigma, Risk Analysis, FMEA, DOE, and trend analysis)
• Experience with CLIA Certification
• Record of impact and growth
Finally, we seek an industrious and self-directed candidate who will be a significant contributor to this company that is doing innovative work in a critically-important field; A candidate who can thrive without a roadmap and will bring the knowledge, savvy and drive to work through ambiguity and complexity to achieve desired results.
This is an immediate need. Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates targeted.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.