Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate, inSoma Bio, Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27701 United States
TBD based on applicant qualifications.
Research and Development
Inspired by Nature. Motivated by health.
At inSoma Bio we are developing an injectable gel that helps plastic surgeons rebuild fat. Our product enables surgeons to use a person's own tissue instead of synthetic implants and fillers to improve procedures like breast and facial reconstruction.
Our products are protein-based materials designed to mimic those naturally found in the body. By borrowing from nature’s toolbox, we further modify these proteins to assemble only with body heat allowing complex cellular environments to be created with simple solution injections. By mixing our material with human fat, we can create a safer and more natural option for tissue reconstruction.
inSoma is part of the rapidly growing biotech startup community in the Research Triangle. Our laboratory space is located in the Chesterfield Building in downtown Durham. Applicants should also be willing to periodically drive to CRO’s and partner labs in RTP for some work on an approximately biweekly basis.
We are seeking a highly motivated research associate with a desire to push product development forward into critical preclinical in vitro and in vivo testing. An ideal candidate will have experience developing and executing in vivo animal models, analyzing tissue samples using various molecular and biochemical assays, operating under aseptic technique, and a familiarly with microbiology techniques. The candidates must have the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects within the flexible dynamics of a growing start-up environment.
• Develop and help carry out animal studies using mouse and pig models
• Daily/weekly monitoring of ongoing animal studies
• Documentation of experimental protocols and the resulting data analysis
• Analyze data from ongoing animal studies including microscopy and basic histopath analysis
• Grow and maintain cell cultures, including assay and microscopic analysis of cells
• Be open and flexible to the unique requirements of the startup environment.
• Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies.
• Contribute to a safe, efficient and effective environment.
• MS or greater in biotechnology, cell biology, biomedical engineering, or related field (BS will be considered if work experience is strong). BS considered with significant or highly related work experience.
• 2+ years of research experience in a laboratory setting
• Experience working with animals, especially in relation to subcu injections and biopsy
• Relevant skills in cell culture and general aseptic technique
• Comfortable with data and statistical analysis software. Simple image analytics through ImageJ will be required.
• Ability to troubleshoot and work independently.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Compilation and presentation of data will be a key aspect of this position.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center