Job: Sample Coordinator - Analytical Development and Quality Control, Jaguar Gene Therapy, Cary, NC
Sample Coordinator - Analytical Development and Quality Control
Cary, NC 27511 United States
The Sample Coordinator will be responsible for supporting global sample management activities at the Jaguar Process Sciences Lab in Cary, NC and third-party laboratories. The Sample Coordinator will be responsible for developing the sample management process, coordinating shipments, sample receipt, and sample submission. The role will require on-site support at the Process Sciences location with direct handling and aliquoting of samples as well as coordination with external partners for third-party activities.
This role will report to the Head of Analytical Development and Quality Control and will work closely with the other Jaguar functional leads to ensure end-to-end GMP compliance and continuity across the manufacturing and testing network. As a small company, this individual will need to think strategically but will also be required to have a “hands on” approach to routine activities ensuring that day to day functions are executed in a timely manner.
General Position Summary/Purpose
• Serves as the Sample Coordinator for all projects – internal and external
• Develops, implements and optimizes the sample management program for Jaguar Gene Therapy
• Works with logistics and manufacturing team to ensure proper receipt and handling of incoming and outgoing samples
• Receives, labels, aliquots, and distributes samples, as needed
• Works with 3rd party labs to forecast samples, track results, and manage data
• Subject Matter Expert on LIMS system – use, optimization, and training for the system.
• Works with QA to generate Certificate of Analysis, data summaries, and reports
• Manages stability calendar and works with third-parties to track pull dates and data management
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Biotechnology GMP manufacturing in Sample Management or Quality Control
• Experience using a LIMS system
• General understanding of test methods being used at Jaguar Gene Therapy such as ELISAs, ddPCR, pH/Conductivity,
Appearance, Appearance, Endotoxin, and Bioburden.
• Experience in aseptic technique and working inside of a Biological Safety Cabinet
• Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment
• Strong, open, and transparent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint is a plus
• Ability to travel – up to 25%
Education Requirements (degree, Certifications, Etc.)
• Undergraduate degree in chemistry/biology or relevant science
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?