NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Scientist - Analytical Development and Quality Control, Jaguar Gene Therapy, Cary, NC
Scientist - Analytical Development and Quality Control
Cary, NC 27511 United States
The Scientist will provide analytical support to process development activities at the Jaguar Process Sciences Lab in Cary, NC and third-party laboratories. The role will require on-site support at the Process Sciences location within the Analytical Development Laboratory.
This role will report to the Head of Analytical Development and Quality Control. As a small company, this individual will need to think strategically but will also be required to have a “hands on” approach to routine activities ensuring that day to day functions are executed in a timely manner.
General Position Summary/Purpose
• Performs biochemical, molecular biology-based and physicochemical testing of process intermediate samples.
• Documents and reports analytical results using Good Documentation Practices.
• Authors Standard Operating Procedures, Analytical Test Methods and Development Reports.
• Communicates with all required members of the organization to ensure that testing and reporting of results is completed in
a timely manner.
• Assists in development of assays and reagents as needed.
• Minimum of 3 years hands on experience in a laboratory setting.
• Applied experience with the test methods being used at Jaguar Gene Therapy such as SDS-PAGE, Immunofluorescence,
ELISAs, ddPCR, pH/Conductivity, Appearance, and Endotoxin.
• Proficiency in technical writing.
• Experience working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
• Strong, open, and transparent communication skills (verbal and written), including excellent presentation skills.
• Independent time management skills.
• Experience with MS Excel, Word, MS Project, and MS PowerPoint is a plus.
• Ability to travel – up to 25%.
Education Requirements (Degree, Certifications, Etc.)
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree in chemistry/biology or relevant science.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center