Job: Bioprocess Technician, KeraNetics, Winston-Salem, NC
Health Care, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid vacation
Salaries commensurate with experience and educational background.
KeraNetics is an advanced biomaterials company focused on creating innovative keratin-based products for therapeutic and regenerative medicine. Scientists within the company are developing products for use in burn management, hemostasis, hemorrhage resuscitation, drug delivery, and muscle and bone regeneration. KeraNetics is headquartered in Winston-Salem, NC.
The bioprocess technician is responsible for conducting bio-production and process-related activities. These include, but are not limited to, development and execution of bio-production SOPs, ensuring environmental controls for production, improving process efficiencies, purchasing and targeting cost reductions. Key responsibilities for the position include working in a team environment to accomplish departmental goals, as well as the ability to conceive and conduct goal-oriented tasks.
• Work within a team to perform biological manufacturing operations, troubleshooting of equipment, general maintenance and support functions necessary for the production of protein intermediate products.
• Perform manufacturing activities in accordance with SOP’s and safe practices.
• Perform production, production assessment, changeover and reconciliation.
• Perform documentation functions necessary to allow proper accountability and traceability and enable systemic improvement. Revise and author documentation as needed.
• Maintain and inventory bio-production materials, supplies, and products. Identify supply chain limitations for improvements in quality, cost management, delivery and efficiency.
• Maintain production areas according to approved procedures.
• Identify and implement solutions to support improvement in safety, quality, cost and reliability. Drive overall improvements to current systems to enable sustained performance in these areas.
• Work effectively with a diverse group (Bioprocessing team, quality, etc.) to understand and meet/exceed expectations and achieve desired business results including scale-up for commercial production.
• Participate in periodic Operational Reviews.
• Assume leadership for a department / function / company-wide work process. Determine necessary metrics, develop data collection / tracking systems, and drive improvement in associated result area(s).
• Perform special projects with opportunity to gain new capabilities through training and education.
• Understand, support and enforce company’s policies and procedures
The preferred candidate will have a BS or MS degree in a technology/biology-related field of study. This person must be capable of working in a team-oriented environment. Must maintain comprehensive proficiencies with Microsoft Office and associated modules. IT experience a plus but not required.
This position requires a minimum of an Associate’s degree or 2 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience, preferably within the biotechnology, medical device, or pharmaceutical industry.