Our client, an RTP area construction management firm that specializes in pharma and other life sciences facilities, is actively recruiting for an extremely sharp and capable candidate to lead its Document Management efforts.
This is a Direct Hire position and an immediate need. Company will pay excellent wage to attract a top-notch candidate.
Key Things to Note:
• This 30-person company is experiencing explosive growth – particularly in the thriving life sciences industries.
• Document Management tools that they used in the past do not meet the needs of their future. Systems need to be enhanced and synthesized. This individual will drive that transformation.
• To date the company has used disparate (sometimes manual) tools to manage engineering and construction documents. This individual will lead the implementation of its Electronic Document Management System. Experience with systems implementations or upgrades would be valuable.
• Role may also involve updates of key engineering documents. CAD proficiency will be important.
• This is a highly interactive role. This Document Control leader will regularly interface with project managers, sponsors, engineers, suppliers, subcontractors, etc. Seek candidate whose technical knowledge and skills are complemented by a collaborative work style and deft communication.
• It’s an exciting time. This company, while growing, maintains a small business, entrepreneurial vibe. Right candidate will thrive in a hands-on, dynamic, innovative, get-it-done-without-a-roadmap setting.
Position will involve developing, implementing and managing a document control system for receipt, distribution, traceability, retrieval, reviewing, editing and archiving of all project-related documents consistent with workflow procedures.
Selected duties include:
• Route and track project documents such as contracts, submittals, specifications, issued for construction documents, as-built and turnover packages.
• Develop and maintain engineering libraries and document repositories on EDMS system
• Develop and maintain process and work instructions for internal team
• Process all project documentation (including engineering, design/technical, correspondence, project management, commercial, legal) to be stored in the project file system or systems
• Develop and maintain document distribution matrix and workflows, master document register and correspondence log. Ensure documents are returned to contractor/designer upon completion of workflow
• Maintain hard copy drawing sets for field offices
• Stay current on Document Control Best Practices. Seek out subject matter expertise to promote excellence within the document control department and the company as a whole
Targeted candidate will offer a related degree and 5+ years handling similar document management/control duties in a construction setting. Demonstrated ability to develop and implement engineering document control processes and procedures in regulated project environments will be essential. Life Sciences preferred.
Other priorities include:
• Experience working with typical design, engineering, and construction documents including bid and handover documentation
• Knowledge of architectural, mechanical, electrical, mechanical hardware, sheet metal and machined components drafting
• Experience with electronic document management and construction management software programs such as SharePoint, ShareFile, Prolog, Procure, Core Worx, e-Room, Timberline, MasterControl, etc.
• Advanced computer skills including MS Applications, Adobe, and AutoCAD (Proficiency in 2-D and 3-D CAD)
• Outstanding project management and juggling skills
• History of achievement and impact
Finally, we seek a flexible, versatile, resourceful and can-do candidate who will take ownership of this Document Management function, instill in others the importance of compliance and create efficiencies that will benefit all.
A lot is happening, and the future is very bright. We seek a person of impact who will contribute broadly and significantly.
Please forward Word resume for prompt consideration. Local candidates only.
Frankel Staffing Partners proudly recruits on behalf of premier employers in the Triangle (and beyond). We specialize in Office Support, Life Science and other Professional Services positions. To view our current openings, please visit our website at www.frankelstaffing.com.