Job: Paid entry level Lab Technician Intern to Full Time, Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., Morrisville, NC
Paid entry level Lab Technician Intern to Full Time
Morrisville, NC 27560 United States
Manufacturing and Production
Do you want to make an impact? Join us!
Ascent Bio-Nano Technologies, Inc., (AscentBioNano.com) is a research spin-off formed in 2012 from the Pennsylvania State University and Duke University. Our motto is “Innovation for Impact.” Our mission is to commercialize impactful cell-/particle-separation devices using sound waves— “acoustofluidic technology,” the fusion of acoustics and microfluidics. Our passion is to advance research, enhance health, and improve quality of life.
Applications based on our technology platform include research, cancer diagnosis as well as blood processing. We have a strong IP portfolio (exclusive license of 4 U.S. patents and >10 issued/pending patents in China, Japan, Europe, and North America).
To learn more about the technology platform, visit our collaborator’s website: https://acoustofluidics.pratt.duke.edu.
Opening: We are recruiting intern employee for entry-level technician. We will only consider candidates with the potential and desire to become full-time immediately after.
The intern will assist a team of R&D engineers in developing and testing cutting-edge cell-/particle-separation devices. Job skills and requirements:
• Integrity: do the right things.
• Communication skills: be able to understand instructions and communicate effectively.
• Record keeping: follow standard operating procedures and document actions and results.
• Attention to detail and organized
• Technical skills: comfortable to operate lab equipment and follow procedures after training.
• Manual dexterity: confident to use hands with precision on small items in small spaces.
• Hardworking: make the best effort to get things done
The duties may include some of the following:
• Fabricate, assemble, and test devices
• Test samples with calibration beads, cell culture media, plasma, whole blood, etc.
• Document test results, issues and inventories.
• Help administrative efforts
Please read the following requirements carefully before applying.
• High school degree or equivalent
• Live near Research Triangle Park, NC or willing to relocate for the intern with own expense
• >3 months’ experience in a lab/manufacturing environment, with references submitted with application
• Can start internship within 2 month for 40 hours a week on-site during business hours, and will join full-time shortly after
We welcome qualified candidates to send resume, transcript, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?