Job: Laboratory Technician, DMC Biotechnologies, Inc., Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27701 United States
Research and Development
We are seeking a Laboratory Technician to support the commercialization of bio-based processes. The Technician will join a small, dedicated team responsible for validating strain performance and developing efficient processes at bench scale. Successful candidates will have previous experience in a bacterial fermentation or biochemistry laboratory and will be able to quickly learn new concepts and support a variety of functions to support our technology and approach.
- Preparation of reagents and materials including media, buffers, and stock solutions
- Preparation of glassware and equipment to support ongoing experimental work
- Assist in the preparation and operation of bench-scale fermentation processes, including process setup, culture sampling, and product harvesting
- Assist in the development of common chemical purification procedures such as preparatory-scale chromatography, evaporation, precipitation/crystallization, extractions, etc.
- Assist in the routine operation of analytical chemistry equipment such as HPLC/UPLC
- Assist with basic molecular biology procedures
- Assist in general laboratory management including inventory, ordering, and organization
- Maintenance of safe practices and work environment
We prefer candidates with technical training in chemical engineering, molecular biology, or chemistry and previous experience in a laboratory setting. Full-time or part-time applicants will be considered. In addition, we prefer candidates with experience in the following areas:
B.S. degree in chemical engineering, molecular biology, chemistry, or related field with:
- Direct, hands-on experience with microbial fermentation
- Direct, hands-on experience with aseptic technique
- Direct, hands-on experience with bench scale chemistry technique
- Experience in following, drafting, and revising detailed SOPs and protocols
- Capability to manage multiple work-flows and experiments within a single day
- Ability to effectively work in cross-disciplinary teams
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, scientifically curious, and collaborative
- Flexible schedule including occasional evenings and weekends
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?