Job: Research Associate II, RNA Biology, Ribometrix, Durham, NC
Ribometrix is a fast-growing therapeutics discovery and development company tackling a diverse range of human diseases. Our main operations are located in the heart of Research Triangle Park in Durham, North Carolina.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our RNA Biology team.
Drive early RNA-small molecule discovery programs in our RNA Biology group. Identifying and characterizing the complex RNA structures targeted in our drug discovery pipeline. Success in this position will require an individual who is discovery-minded, with a drive to execute effectively and who can collaborate effectively with other members of the RNA Biology team and the wider organization. The Research Associate will have a pivotal role in providing support to the RNA biology group to elucidate novel RNA structures for drug discovery.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Apply cutting-edge RNA technologies to identify complex RNA structures for small molecule targeting
• Implement, optimize and troubleshoot experiments to analyze and characterize new targets
• Generate and analyze data based on the Illumina high-throughput sequencing platform
• Maintain a high-quality lab notebook and maintain SOPs
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Chemistry or related discipline is required
• 2+ years experience with BS, 0+ years with Master’s is required
• Strong molecular biology skills (e.g. cloning, PCR/RT-PCR, sequencing, RNA-seq) are required
• Experience working with and purifying nucleic acids is required
• Demonstrated ability to work in coordination with senior scientific staff and follow detailed instructions is required
• Strong initiative, problem solving, sense of urgency, organizational skills, attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize, coordinate and complete multiple tasks and experiments are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proactive communication skills, strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and with diverse and cross-functional teams.
• A can-do attitude is required
• Experience with nucleic acid structure analysis is preferred
• Experience working with genomics data is preferred
• Experience with Illumina sequencing platforms is preferred
• Experience working in drug discovery, especially in an industry setting is preferred
• Familiarity with Python and command line is preferred
Ribometrix is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Recruiting Agencies, Please Note:
Ribometrix will not accept unsolicited assistance from recruiting/search agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by recruiting or search agencies to any employee at Ribometrix via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search/recruitment agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ribometrix. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ribometrix as a result of the referral or through other means.