Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: Research Associate, CoImmune Inc., Durham, NC
Durham, NC 27704 United States
Research and Development
CoImmune develops and manufactures cell-based therapeutics to treat unmet medical needs including cancer, autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. CoImmune also provides cGMP consulting and manufacturing of third-party clinical stage cell-based products.
SCOPE: This individual will carry out research and/or development activities in support of design, development and manufacturing of cellular immunotherapy products.
• Executes experiments based upon protocols defined in Research and Development; makes detailed observations, analyzes data and interprets results.
• Conducts assigned experiments following proper laboratory techniques as assigned by supervisor or designee.
• Maintains accurate and up to date entries in a controlled laboratories notebook.
• Presents experimental results in both written and oral manner, reports results to supervisor in a manner that supports proper experimental interpretation.
• Generates data summaries for technical reports.
• Suggests new methods, procedures, techniques and tests for solving specific product development problems with the support of the Research group.
• Assists in streamlining procedures for cGMP compliance and regulatory requirements.
• Cooperates with scientists throughout the company to be aware of other research activities and the relationship to the assigned projects.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2-5 years of laboratory experience or Master’s degree with 1-2 years of laboratory experience
• Practical experience with a wide range of molecular biology techniques including RNA manipulation, RT-PCR and Northern Blotting is required.
• Familiarity with advanced Molecular Biology techniques, data processing tools such as BLAST and DNA sequence analysis software is preferred.
• Knowledge of protein characterization techniques including SDS-PAGE and Western Blot analysis is preferred. Experience with mammalian cell culture techniques is preferred.
• Desired candidates will have biotech industry experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are critical; position requires ability to work with input from within Research as well as other departments.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to operate a recent version of MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required.
• Willingness to maintain a clean and orderly work environment
• Ability and willingness to be regularly, predictably and reliably at work
(see job description above)
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center