Research and Development
NCBiotech Jobs Board ● Connecting North Carolina's life science employers and workforce.
Job: LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II - Human Vaccine Institute, Duke Human Vaccine Institute, Durham, NC
LAB RESEARCH ANALYST II - Human Vaccine Institute
Durham, NC 27710 United States
Research and Development
We are seeking a qualified and talented Research Analyst II to join the x-ray crystallography team in the Division of Structural Biology. The primary responsibility of the position will be to manage the x-ray crystallography suite, including crystallization and imaging robots, and to perform structural determination using x-ray crystallography.
• Perform the expression of proteins in commonly used systems (E coli, insect, mammalian).
• Perform purifications that involve typical methodologies (IEX, SEC) and may occasionally involve the generation of specialized media for affinity chromatography.
• Lead the management of the x-ray crystallography suite and recommend improvements to the PI as needed.
• Determine structures of HIV-1 Envelope complexes with antibodies and cellular receptor fragments using x-ray crystallography.
• Perform ITC experiments to measure the thermodynamics of binding interactions.
• Perform SPR experiments to measure the kinetics and affinity of binding interactions.
• Provide a summary of written work updates and plans each week.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator and laboratory leadership.
You will only be considered for the position after you have applied to requisition 15501 on the DHVI careers page and/or Duke Careers Website.
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Education, Skills, & Experience Requirements
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline, health or physical sciences or a related filed; Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum two years of relevant research experience.
• Experience in protein expression and purification.
• Experience in macromolecular crystallography or cryo-EM.
• Experience in either ITC or SPR desired.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
North Carolina Biotechnology Center