Job: Sales Manager - Southeast, StarrTrax, 99999, NC
Sales and marketing of pharmaceutical packaging (vials, ampoules, cartridges, syringes) to pharmaceutical manufacturers and pharmaceutical contract fillers. Develop, grow and maintain customer base, marketing strategy and sales profitability for all products produced locally and abroad.
• Meet or exceed assigned yearly sales budget within defined geographical territory.
• Develop and promote sales plan, aligned with marketing strategies and goals, to grow revenue and profitability in all products (ampoules, vials, cartridges, syringes) and product lines (Standard Line and Top Line) for both local and trade production.
• Be highly proficient in detailed understanding of pharmaceutical packaging product information. Possess ability to explain, discuss and promote all product features, benefits and values. Understand and drive the sales process.
• Manage pharmaceutical packaging projects by identifying customer need, definition of the project, then actively managing the project, starting with first samples and proceeding via validation lots up to the final completion and success of the project.
• Analyze and provide continuous updates to sales, marketing, customer service and production departments of product know-how, market trends, competitor information and new product opportunities, as well as analysis of customer needs and customer satisfaction.
• Work closely with Sales Director, KAM and Customer Service to actively grow pharmaceutical packaging business and provide excellent customer service.
• Work closely with Syringe team to grow and maintain syringe sales profitability in territories.
• Assist with customer support for product application, questions, issues and concerns.
• Organize internal and external customer visits.
• Maintain accurate and detailed customer files and customer information; timely update CRM.
• Provide weekly and monthly updates and reports on customer visits and territorial activities.
• Be proactive as a team member and player to implement and reach both departmental, plant and corporate objectives and goals.
• Pursue new markets, products and clients.
• Participate in yearly budgeting process and monthly forecast updates.
• Promote customer service and satisfaction.
• Be judicious in the use of company provided and covered expenses.
• Ensure that customer accounts payable are managed.
• Follow cGMP.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Formal Education and Training
• BA or BS in Business or Life Sciences; technical degree preferred.
• Proven record of minimum two years successful sales activity, preferably in the life science or pharmaceutical packaging market.
Additional Knowledge Requirements
• Well-organized, highly motivated and a good business acumen. Ability to work in a global and intercultural environment and to effectively build up and run cross national and functional teams; Customer Relationship Management; deal maker personality. Ability to manage activities to meet agreed timelines. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Global travel approximately 50 %